The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ideas for Midlands meets please

SteveR

Right it appears I'm meant to organise stuff (or at least help smoeone else organise stuff) every now and again - November & December seem to be covered, so onto the new year...

Rather than it just be me coming up with stuff, I though I'd pick your brains - you guys know good pubs, meeting places, roads, days out (e.g. like the Blenheim Palace meet our neighbours have had a couple of time) near to you - so speak up with your ideas!

We're a big area, it would be good to host regular, varied events in different locations around 'the Midlands' so hopefully everyone will be able to get to something during the year.

I reckon meets fall into one or more of the following categories, to help focus your thoughts;

• 'Meet Then Drive' e.g. the Brecon run early this year
  • 'Static Meets' - with/without a meal e.g. Pub meets, CJ/Martin R's leaving do, Christmas meal, BBQs
  • 'Days out' - like a static meet but might not be about the cars... e.g. Theme park, Blenheim-Palace-a-like...
  • 'Special Events' - e.g. Rolling Roads, Photoshoots in nice spots, dunno...
  • (There's probably loads more!)

Over to you.... :thumbs:

lol :D

My spiritual home ;) - the 'Ring - might be on my list of things to organise/do, too. I also want to go out to those Alpine roads I keep redaing about (one was on Top Gear recently, too).

You've just made me think of another one actually Si - track days!

Plus something Gumball-like

A handling track would be super cool :cool: not to mention great fun!!! as long as theres plenty of runoff and/or padded armco/hay bayles :blush: Brunters? (Bruntingthorpe, South Leicestershire) good section of drag strip, maybe set up a coned area?

Meeting at.....your house :D Barbie and trashing viewing your garden :innocent:

Lxx

• 3 months later...

Any more ideas peeps?

I'll get onto sorting a meet out for March ASAP - this week is slightly hectoc but once that's out of the way I should be on the ball. How about a pub lunch with a go for a drive option?

If there is enough interest, I'll also start thinking about a Midlands Gumball... :)

Was just talking about this yesterday, think we need a casual relaxed pub meet to get to know and welcome the new midlands members that have joined us of late. Keep the seeing Supra's about but don't know the owners yet :search:

Couple of ideas for later this year:

1. Cosford airshow meet. Worth trying to get an area set aside inside for a meet and to watch the show.

2. Himley Park. Seen car meets there before so they may be willing to let us park up inside like others. Nice for photos etc..

When I think of others I'll post them up :)

i PMd steve a few weeks ago regarding this place http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

I went to a meet there the other week and there was a couple of clubs there at the same time. Its in a nice location. museum is very nice (we even got a discount) and the carpark is huge.

I believe there is even a track out the back and an old airfield though i think its still in use.

They have clubs have meets there all the time and there is a few nice pubs arround the area aswell.

i PMd steve a few weeks ago regarding this place http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

I went to a meet there the other week and there was a couple of clubs there at the same time. Its in a nice location. museum is very nice (we even got a discount) and the carpark is huge.

I believe there is even a track out the back and an old airfield though i think its still in use.

They have clubs have meets there all the time and there is a few nice pubs arround the area aswell.

I've been there a couple of times. We had a supra meet there as well, and James (Terrible turner) blew his bottom end on the M40 :(

But it's a good venue, definatly worth considering.