The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloys!

Supra_dan

I had Wedsport RS-5 18"'s on my TT and changed to Vortex R 19"'s.

In my opinion, for road driving you can't see a difference. I dont push my car to the limit where by a noticable difference could be seen.

Ok, for hardcore drivers and trackdays, yes the 18's I'm sure will be superior, but I personally don't believe that on the road driving will be any different between the two.

In terms of a skippy jumpy ride, mine is no worse now compared to when i was on 18's.

i have 19 and am going back to 18 with correct offsets and sensible widths. i run 295 on the rear at the mo and its a pita.

like many I just bought wheels.. wheels are just wheels right?? worng.. do some searching and you will find a lot of info.

handling is ok on track and smooth roads... it's on the rough stuff that the 19's really show their weakness.

Right I have Miglia EVO5TYPE 9.5J x 19H2 On the car. Tyres are pretty newish tread 265/30/19 on the back Good Years, and cheapy 235/35/19 Nankangs on the front.

these where all fitted before I brought the car few months back. So I doubt if the allignment has been done.

Allignment will cost about £100. But its worth doing as it will improve the ride. With 19s you have to accept that the ride quality will not be as good as with 17s or 18s. But do that the allignment and you should feel it improve slightly. Also have a look at your shocks first. If they are leaking that will be a a major contribution to the poor ride. Also look for worn out bushes. All these will take away from ride quality. I personally find 19s fine for road use now i have had the allignment done, its a bit bumpy at times but for the look I dont mind that.

Allignment will cost about £100. But its worth doing as it will improve the ride. With 19s you have to accept that the ride quality will not be as good as with 17s or 18s. But do that the allignment and you should feel it improve slightly. Also have a look at your shocks first. If they are leaking that will be a a major contribution to the poor ride. Also look for worn out bushes. All these will take away from ride quality. I personally find 19s fine for road use now i have had the allignment done, its a bit bumpy at times but for the look I dont mind that.

Thanks, I will get on it ASAP!

;)