DaveSupTT

What date is best for you  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you

• Saturday 1st December 2007
    • Sunday 2nd December 2007
    • Saturday 8th December 2007
    • Sunday 9th December 2007

Hey guys, I went out for a meal the other week at the Windmill Tavern and it was great. Good food and good service. We went on a Sunday and it was carvery, but if that was anything to go by, the rest of the food should be pretty good.

They have got quite a large car park, big enough to cater for us and I thought it might be a good place to go out to sometime. They had a seperate lounge area for after eating, although not sure how big this was as we never went into that area.

Some info on the place:

This picturesque pub is attached to the six-storey Grade II-listed Clifton windmill at Salwick which dates back to the late eighteenth century. Newly refurbished, the Windmill Tavern reopened in May 2007 and Head Chef Darren Oates (ex-Angel at Hetton) has produced a menu focused on traditional fare sourced from local suppliers. As well as the a la carte choice, there are chalkboarded seasonal specialities, deli boards and a traditional Sunday carvery. The Windmill has an extensive wine list and a good choice of cask ales and speciality beers. There is also a new landscaped beer garden.

Station Road

Salwick

Kirkham

PR4 0YH

Tel: 0871 5299435

Its quite straight forward to find, it's off Preston New Road, if you travel down the road heading in the Preston Direction, you will pass Salvatores on your right, and its the next turn off on your left. Go down there and it's on your right. It was quite a nice place and out of the way from chavs so no need to worry about your cars lol

Just a thought so if anyone fancies it sometime..........

Multimap here

windmill tavern.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, does everyone want to try and go on a Sunday so we can make use of the carvery or is everyone more likely to be availabe on another day? Im not bothered either way. If you were thinking of a Sunday how does December 2nd sound? Gives people time to arrange stuff and time to book a tabe as Sunday is apparently one of there their busiest days! I can make any day so its whats best for you guys. Im a bit stuck for the next few weekends coming up but after that im free any time.

I have started a poll so I can get an idea of what date is best for everyone. You can select more than one date so if you’re free on all the days above tick them all! :) Once I have a definite date ill get an idea of numbers and call and book a table or tables LOL

Also just so you know, I think the carvery is only on a Sunday! If anyone can’t make the above dates feel free to suggest an alternative! I’m flexible

Cheers guys/girls!

Ok looking at the poll it seems the Sunday 7th Dec is going to be the best! How does 1.30pm sound to people? Put names below and number of people with you and ill reserve a place for us! ;)

1) david.whiteside

I'm confused the 7th is a Friday? If this is the 9th then we'll be there:d

Vicki x

• 2 weeks later...