The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6th April - Stock Turbo Owners Bunfight II , Santa Pod

Branners

proalloys.jpg

The next Stock Turbo Owners Bunfight is on Sunday 6th April 2003.

Its sponsored by Ibrar from Pro-Alloys (big link above...) so everybody please pay his site a visit as Pro-Alloys are providing the trophy for the fastest stock based Supra on the day.

The place opens at 8am, sign-on starts at 9.30am and racing starts at 10am (not sharp...). Its £9 per person to get in, and £15 for unlimited runs. Drivers Licence is required if you plan on doing any runs, no licence no runs. The event goes on until about 5pm but you can leave anytime you want.

If the track is wet they stop racing, if its raining and it doesnt look like stopping they halt the whole event and give you a ticket for the next one. If its really chucking it down and doesnt look like every stopping they wont even take signons.

Theres a cafe on site, as well as the death defying toilet block.

I think thats covered everything.

The rules stand as before

This event is for supras running stock based turbos (stock turbos and hybrids).

There are 2 trophies available, one for the fastest 1/4 mile time run by a stock based car at pod, and one for the fastest car on the day. Barry's car currently holds the fastest 1/4 mile time at Pod with a 12.9 at 113mph.

The rules are simple, the car should be run in the sort of condition that you would nip down the shops in. These are the specific rules

stock based turbos (hybrids or stock, true twin conversion allowed as we have never actually seen it help )

standard street tyres (no slicks, no drag radials)

no Nitrous or other performance enhancing gas

any fuel is allowed (the spirit of the event is to use pump fuel)

no stripped out interiors (you can take your ice out, but if the rear seats were removed for the ice they must go back in)

what ever tyre pressures your want

headlamps must still be in

spare wheel and brace can be removed if you are happy reducing weight in the rear of the car (less grip)

no crash helmet required, no roll cage required

road insurance will not cover you but the chances of damaging the car are minimal

I want people to run their cars in the spirit of the event, it is intended for people who have stock based cars, who use them as normal cars. I dont want to see people pulling out seats, door cards and aircon units to try and win. Aftermarket ECUs are allowed, as are cams, boost controllers, FMICs and water injection. If you think your car might have something on it that would rule it out then email me to confirm. Its a question of what I can see and what I cant see. I can easily see if somebody has stripped out their interior, but theres no chance of seeing an aftermarket ECU or cams.

The event is sponsored by Ibrar at Pro Alloys who will provide the small trophy for the fastest on the day.

Its also a FREE competition so I expect everybody to get in to the spirit of what we are trying to do and not to try and beat the rules.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NB: Don't forget your driving licence! Seat belt is mandatory! Helmets required for RWYB bikes and open top cars and vehicles doing 100 mph or more at the finish line.

I KNOW they didn't enforce it last time (nor when Dom and I

went last time !), but strictly speaking, that means US ! !:conf:

I took one both times, and both times just had it as extra

'rear-traction' material....:p

[they WERE very strict about the 'belts', AND doing your windows up !]

I should hope I'll be there...newish rubber too which might help...though it'll probably do nowt for my 60ft and just hinder my topspeed. :rolleyes:

I only did one run last time...when my rear brake was siezed ON! :eek: might have accidentally lost that timing slip. Wheelspinning nigh on right through the 1/4 was "interesting" last time...

If the track is good and the weather cool yet sunny we could be in for some decent trap speeds....

Originally posted by Bobbeh

John, just out of interest.. I know santa pod requires a UK licence etc.. but does it matter if you have bans/convictions/points etc?

They don't look very close, unless it has banned stamped across the first page I doubt they would notice.

they are fairly lax with registrations, you should be able to present your licence as it is, if not then if your signature is very similar to your brothers one (and he's not racing) then they have been known to make a mistake :)

JB

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon its well worth it, I'll be there and I've got a completely standard, lardy UK spec, so you shouldn't be last, in fact I'd be quite up for a duel to see what your basic mods can do, compared to my more youthful (cough) reactions:D