The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cam Belt Advice

Ady

Would you ever use a non genuine toyota cambelt if you were replacing yours?

Also would you do the aux belt while you were at it?

Do you get the cambelt kit inc the aux belt from toyota? If so dose any one have a rough price on the kit? for a Jspec Man TT?

Cheers

Would you ever use a non genuine toyota cambelt if you were replacing yours?

no point they're only £30's odd from Toyota.........

Also would you do the aux belt while you were at it?

I'd check its condition but its replaceable anytime very easily so its not crucial to combine its replacement with the cambelt change.

Do you get the cambelt kit inc the aux belt from toyota? If so dose any one have a rough price on the kit? for a Jspec Man TT?

Personally i would just get the cambelt itself and check the pulleys and tensioners condition during the change. Its different if you will be getting someone else to do it or need the car everyday as you may not want to pay someone twice the labour or have to wait for a part if it is indeed worn.

Hi mate, for the sake of a few pounds use a genuine belt also replaceing the aux belt at the same time is a good idea as I replaced mine recently, also fitting a new cambelt tensioner is a good idea perhaps the water pump too. Oh and while I think of it order a new front crank seal as these tend to go hard over time and seep oil.

I think you can only buy them seperatly from Toyota, give Steve Manley a ring for some good prices, see my Sig.

Good Luck:)

Doh you beat me to it Scot !