The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goddam it, might be selling in the near future :(

MrHanky

This has all stemmed from me thinking more practically for when we have our next child (assuming im not shooting blanks). First I thought about Skylines, but after reading various things on the GTROC I have realised that I will have to wait until I have a better job before I get one. Main worry being the cost of fixing them and the frequency of things going wrong compared to a Supra.

Vicki is also getting more sensible and has said that she would down grade to a family diesil car and give me the DC5 (which I love and was thinking about anyway).

I love my Supra but I may have to be sensible for once in my life as we would save at least a few hundred pounds a month on petrol alone. I tried having a second run around car but always found myself driving the Supra regardless of conditions as I love to drive it. Its only just had seats and respray as well which is a bummer. I will continue to think of options but its looking like I will be selling the Supra. Bought from Jurgen in October 2006 (picked up then) and I have since spent the best part of 10.5k on it.

Going to feel sad for the rest of the day now and think about my options.

By the way, what do people think its worth? Might put original seats back and sell the Bride's seperately.

Car - 95 TT J Spec with 103000 KM on the clock (just under 64k miles). It came with 18" BBS LM wheels. 3 of them were kerbed but I have since had 1 refurbed. Came in as a grade 4.

I have attached a word document listing what I have done to the car and when.

Thanks

Mark

Supra Spec.doc

Guest Nicholas

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Ok now I've got that out of my system £13k all day long maybe more. It's a lovely car in fantastic condition with a brand spanking respray :) :cool:

Edit: - holy cow mark thats £10,323.00 on mods and work done in the past 12 odd months!!!! I'm surprised you still have a mrs :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Ok now I've got that out of my system £13k all day long maybe more. It's a lovely car in fantastic condition with a brand spanking respray :) :cool:

Edit: - holy cow mark thats £10,323.00 on mods and work done in the past 12 odd months!!!! I'm surprised you still have a mrs :D

lol, yer I kind of got out oh hand on my spending. I had a good time anyway and don't really have any regrets which is the main thing. I actually spent slightly more as I have a brand new SSQV, mounting flange and 3 different fins at home. Was going to put this on soon but might as well sell it seperately. I wish it was worth that much but I just don't think that people can sell them for that sort of money. We will have to see. I certainly won't be in a rush to see it go.

Thanks matey. Hopefully once I have got a few more years ABAP and BW experience, I can go contracting and earn some decent money, then I will be going for a Supra (again) or Skyline :)

nooooooo!!!! :(:cry: I'm gutted you even have to think about selling! I've not seen it in the metal yet either.

I can understand though. Theyre fantastic cars but not the cheapest to run. But you have to do whats necessary. I'm sure when the next nipper comes along it will be worth while ;)

If it wasnt for you and vicky I wouldnt have my supra, which I love to bits. Thank you for that, to vicky too :hug: Whatever you do I wish you all the best.

Lol

Lxxxx

I have attached a word document listing what I have done to the car and when.

Thanks

Mark

nice spreadsheet mate ;)

i think its well worth £12 - £13k as i do other nice bpu+ Supras - for some reason they are now going for under £10k - hopefully soon people will realise there car (although old) is worth a lot more than current retail price. :)

nooooooo!!!! :(:cry: I'm gutted you even have to think about selling! I've not seen it in the metal yet either.

I can understand though. Theyre fantastic cars but not the cheapest to run. But you have to do whats necessary. I'm sure when the next nipper comes along it will be worth while ;)

If it wasnt for you and vicky I wouldnt have my supra, which I love to bits. Thank you for that, to vicky too :hug: Whatever you do I wish you all the best.

Lol

Lxxxx

Cheers Linda,

Its not the running costs which are the problem. I mean its going to be nice to save a few hundred pounds a month from petrol etc. The main thing is space for kids. There's just not enough unfortunately. Vicki being a tall girl, cannot have the seat that far forward and as a result space in the back is poor to Tomasz. It will be just as bad when we have another so I don't really have any choice at the minute :(

Like I said though, I have no regrets and I will get another super car in the future im sure :)

nice spreadsheet mate ;)

i think its well worth £12 - £13k as i do other nice bpu+ Supras - for some reason they are now going for under £10k - hopefully soon people will realise there car (although old) is worth a lot more than current retail price. :)

Thanks Jamesy :)

Yer i have a thing for spreadsheets and Access DB's. It started off as a wish list for what I wanted to do to the car but before I knew it I had done everything, apart from go single and install some new gauges.

Just realised that I put a Tein strut brace on 2 weeks ago as well :)

What is it about the supra that you like so much? Maybe there is another car out there that can provide the same and be a little more practical.

It is a shame...

Performance, sound, looks, speed. Everything except practicality :).

Looks like I am going to have the wifes DC5 and she is going for a diesel estate. I love the handling and looks of the DC5, but will miss the Supra when theres a chance to floor it on a quiet motorway etc.

Hay ho, its not the end of the world, just unfortunate :(

Guest Nicholas
Performance, sound, looks, speed. Everything except practicality :).

Looks like I am going to have the wifes DC5 and she is going for a diesel estate. I love the handling and looks of the DC5, but will miss the Supra when theres a chance to floor it on a quiet motorway etc.

Hay ho, its not the end of the world, just unfortunate :(

Club CAT Supra becomes Club CAT Honda :D:)

Club CAT Supra becomes Club CAT Honda :D:)

LMAO, yer. I am currently trying to talk Vic into a 5k Mondeo instead of a 9k Accord or Audi. At the rate we are going at the minute, I will tell her to do what she likes and I will keep the Supra :)

Things are not rosy at the minute

LMAO, yer. I am currently trying to talk Vic into a 5k Mondeo instead of a 9k Accord or Audi. At the rate we are going at the minute, I will tell her to do what she likes and I will keep the Supra :)

Things are not rosy at the minute

Oh dear!! worrying. But knowing Vic a little, she may agree to a mondeo, if its the ST220!!! I think they make it as a diesel too?

I'll be in Leicester from Thursday to Saturday this weekend btw Mark, if your free at some point would be luvly to pop round say hi and see your supe as I've not seen it in its 'new clothes'!

Lxx

Oh dear!! worrying. But knowing Vic a little, she may agree to a mondeo, if its the ST220!!! I think they make it as a diesel too?

I'll be in Leicester from Thursday to Saturday this weekend btw Mark, if your free at some point would be luvly to pop round say hi and see your supe as I've not seen it in its 'new clothes'!

Lxx

LOL, I have just been looking at those. The point I was trying to make is that it would be better if we bought a 2002 2.0 TDCI for say 5k as compared to a similar year / mileage Accord for 9k. They both do the same thing but one is 4k less.

I think I am around Saturday if you want to pop by. Would be good to catch up :)

Mark

LOL, I have just been looking at those. The point I was trying to make is that it would be better if we bought a 2002 2.0 TDCI for say 5k as compared to a similar year / mileage Accord for 9k. They both do the same thing but one is 4k less.

I think I am around Saturday if you want to pop by. Would be good to catch up :)

Mark

Cool :cool:

Lx

Glad you are still loving the Supra Linda, I still miss her every now and then. :(

We're not agreeing at all on the family car front so I have just put this to him.

Since he loves his supra sooooo much and I can see its killing him, I have said that I would sell the teg and as long as he puts a different clutch in the Supra so that I can drive it if needs be he can keep it. I love my teg to bits but we do want another kid and as long as I can still have a blast in the supra in nice weather I will be happy.

I will buy a Honda Accord Diesel Estate for the family run around.

Yes guys I am the best wife in the world!!! lol!

Although hes has just informed me I'm not quite the best wife in the world because I haven't "put out" whilst he is playing computer yet! :rolleyes:

Well after much debating with myself I have decided that the Supra will definately be going. I will put it up for sale in the coming weeks I think but do not think it will sell until the new year to be honest. At least I won't be in a rush to see it go and therefore won't be trying to sell it at a stupidly low price :)

I think I will try to sell it as it is at first but if needs be will put the original seats back in and sell the Bride's seperately.

The thing that really got me thinking was the safety of the car and the ease in which it gets to silly speeds (started thinking about it after reading the thread about Karl). I wont be able to do silly speeds in the DC5 and therefore wont even try. It just got me thinking about how easily things like that can happen and that I really would not want to jeapordise my kid(s) (if we have another one next year) just to indulge my taste for speed. Don't get me wrong, things can obviously go wrong in the Integra, but I would hope that it would be a little less likely and a little safer inside if it does.

I will be very sad to see it go but I need to be a little more sensible I think. Its not the end of the world anyway, and if I start earning silly amounts of money in the coming years, I may well buy another to be purely used as a trackday fun car etc.

Mark