The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much difference is there? BPU vs Standard?

MaRkYbOy72

Everything is quicker, mostly due to increased turbo performance. BPU comes highly recommended because there is so much difference - for an outlay of about only £1k.

Don't worry about the top end too much, it's highly unlikely you'll ever get there BPU or not!

As above, there is a significant difference in the way the car performers.

It won't make a great deal of difference to your 0-60, but the rest of the driving experience will be transformed; throttle response is improved, turbo lag is reduced and there is far more power once 1.1-1.2 bar is achieved.

Take a look at the following link for more details: bpu

See Jakes comment re: BS r/roads ;)

oh yeah just noticed that - i havent got a clue on the figure post bpu but have always been told on here that u should hit the 400 bhp mark once fully bpu (as in both decats and supporting bit like fuel pump, exhaust etc)

:)

There were BPU cars running over 400 BHP back in 2002 when I got my car dyno'd with them, I think Darrens was one of them... and G-Forces dyno is the most accurate I've seen... and tbh if a BPU Supra can outdrag the new BMW M3 then thats kind of an indication its running more than 400bhp?

IMHO I never noticed a massive leap in performance.

When we did the last one I noticed a difference, but not that much.

It wasn't until a few months later when I fitted a boost gauge that I realised that I was only getting a max boost of exactly one bar.

I suspect that going from stock to 1.2 bar max would make a lot of difference (hope so, as I'm getting BPU stuff together at the mo).

G

I suspect that going from stock to 1.2 bar max would make a lot of difference

G

i hope so - i am going from 0.8 - 1.2 this friday so hoping to see a massive difference.

(i hope im right in saying that as long as you have an fcd you will run to 1.2 bar at bpu?)

Jamesy, an uprated fuel pump (or checking your one is flowing enough) would be a good idea before winding the boost up

yes mate, forgot that point, i am also getting a walbro 341 uprated fuel pump....you dont need to do anything else to gte 1.2 BAR though do you - it will automatically go to 1.2 BAR once decatted? ;)

Thanks for all the comments .. however, if th edifference in 0-60 is not really noticeable, the question begs if its really worth the extra 1K plus and the extra strains on the engine that come with it? :blink:

Simple answer - yes.

as said before it makes the car feel more responsive, quicker spool up time and LOADS better in mid range power. Well worth it