The mkiv Supra Owners Club

jap imports with aftermarket security...

ultra_supra

evening all,

When i became the owner of my supra it had no security what so ever so i bought a Falcon Security alarm/pager system - 'Predator EVO4+ 'from the stand at the supra day at the pod..

the alarm fitter came round and fitted the system but couldn't get the auto window closure to work nor could he get the auto start to work (it would turn over but not fire, on 2nd attempt it starts)

hes now coming back next weekend to fit a proxy sensor and i've basically had to knock the auto window closure on the head as QUOTE: "spoke to the manufacturer & i've been told it just will not work on import supras" :rolleyes:

this is now going to be the 4th time hes been out & in the guys defense he is clued up n knows his stuff but it seems falcon themselves are a waste of space

i'm just curious if anyone else has had problems with alarm systems on their import supras as i asked the chap if it had been a different system i.e clifford would it still be so difficult & he said yes because of the wiring...

sorry,but I think your installer s making excuses

auto closure will work if the alarm can send the signal.

The auto start probably needs more cranking time adding to the start signal.

your guy obviously doesn't know supras very well

P.m. Matt Harwood & ask him nicely :), he'll probably be able to tell you which wires you need to use for the auto closure

John

i have the same alarm and i am glad you have pointed this out, i didnt know i should have auto windows!, any way my auto start works but again second time, i thought this was due to the engine been cold and needing a bit gas or my car needing a service, so not firing up at its best, the falcon engineer who came out to do mine was a idiot and removed my light sensor, he told me it was the old central locking sensor, i had to come on here to confirm it then correct him, it also took him from 11am to 6pm to fit, must say the alarm is to quiet, turbo timer runs to long min of 2mins, and the auto start is a feck on, also they say the pager has a mile radious i have tested it and i would say a quarter tops, and i feel the product feels very cheap the pager is not the best, i paid £400 for mine :(

i have the same alarm and i am glad you have pointed this out, i didnt know i should have auto windows!, any way my auto start works but again second time, i thought this was due to the engine been cold and needing a bit gas or my car needing a service, so not firing up at its best, the falcon engineer who came out to do mine was a idiot and removed my light sensor, he told me it was the old central locking sensor, i had to come on here to confirm it then correct him, it also took him from 11am to 6pm to fit, must say the alarm is to quiet, turbo timer runs to long min of 2mins, and the auto start is a feck on, also they say the pager has a mile radious i have tested it and i would say a quarter tops, and i feel the product feels very cheap the pager is not the best, i paid £400 for mine :(

yeh i'm disapointed to say the least - i'm tempted (at a much later date) to have the system removed & a different one fitted but if the engineer was tellin the truth then i'll have the same problem with other systems? ,oh & the auto windows was a seperate unit i paid extra for (pointless)

again, the fob is pretty damn crap n the reciever isn't even hidden, its stuck on the damn windscreen with acouple of wires comin out of it :rolleyes: ALSO when i open my door 8 out of 10 times the doors lock...unlock...lock...& unlock again ffs

i guess all in all anyone reading this thread should avoid falcon security because although few people own a system in production by them - i've not heard anything good.

I have autostart and auto windows on my clifford and they both work fine. The auto windows is a pain cos you have to run the wires through the doors and make the connections at the motor, but thats the same in uk specs too.

ah really? thats good to know thanks fella, i'll look into gettin a clifford system fitted i think, its what i originally wanted anyway but i saw falcon security at the pod n automatically thought oh they must be good...little did i know!!!