The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had her dyno'd

Chris and Alana

Well I'v been meaning to do it for a while and my mate (Kev A) rang me up saying this new place called Vsport in boldon (near Sunderland) was having an open day. Anyway I went along and put her on the rollers and I came out with 369bhp and about 357ftlb at 1bar :) I was quite pleased. I got my AFR's checked and was told the fueling should be good to run 1.2bar and then maybe I might get near the 400bhp mark. I'll try and put the graph up soon if anyone is interested. Kev A (on here) also put his Vectra V6 on the rollers and came out with 219bhp which was pretty good aswel. I think they are 202bhp standard and he has a couple mods so the figures seem ok, great guys at Vsport, I would recommend them for a NE dyno.

I don't know to be honest, I think the general consensus is that you increase 10-15bhp for every 0.1bar of additional boost. If that is the case then around the 400bhp mark should be achievable. Also fitting an EBC will/should give full boost earlier and hold it longer, so additional boost along with keeping it held longer may well give me a 30bhp increase. The only way to tell is to do it and get it dyno'd again at the same place.

I don't know to be honest, I think the general consensus is that you increase 10-15bhp for every 0.1bar of additional boost. If that is the case then around the 400bhp mark should be achievable. Also fitting an EBC will/should give full boost earlier and hold it longer, so additional boost along with keeping it held longer may well give me a 30bhp increase. The only way to tell is to do it and get it dyno'd again at the same place.

very true - how come you are only running at 1 BAR currently then? safer for the turbos yeah?!

I dont have an AFR gauge and even though I took all precautions (new fuel pump, fuel filter , colder plugs etc) I didnt just want to crank it upto 1.2bar without having the AFR's checked first and 1bar seemed a nice inbetween. I also coudnt be bothered to file the rr down anymore after I had it in and out the car for almost a day trying to get a nice steady boost and gave up at about 1bar. It does make 1.1bar in the cold but normally the roads are to slippy to boot it when the temp's drop :(

I dont have an AFR gauge and even though I took all precautions (new fuel pump, fuel filter , colder plugs etc) I didnt just want to crank it upto 1.2bar without having the AFR's checked first
Very wise.

My BPU RZ Auto was running dangerously lean at less than 1.2bar. I had no idea until I had the AFRs checked. If I'd pushed it to 1.2 bar it would've been :bang:-tastic

Well done Chris, I was just as interested as you to see it on the rollers and after hearing you mention the fact you wanted it RR'd every time I seen you, I thought it made sense to call you when the opportunity was there!! Makes me want one even more :(

I really want the Bronze RZ Jurgen currently has for sale but I need to sell my Vectra first, so if anyone knows anyone interested in a larger car without sacrificing luxury/speed then let me know

:Plug:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/263738.htm

:innocent:

When me and Chris went it was an open day so a power and torque run was £30, with an AFR graph too it was an extra £10, I think you save £10 over the normal price, the lads who run the place, Dave and Dan are very helpful and know their stuff!

I ran the Vectra which is supposed to be 208BHP standard, I only added a cat-back exhaust, airbox mod and K&N filter and seen 219.9BHP, TBH I would have been happy with standard figures from the mods I'd done :cool:

whats the AFR and how do you check them?

AFR stand's for 'Air Fuel Ratio' you can monitor it by having an AFR gauge installed or you can have the AFR's checked by taking it to a rolloing road and they stick a probe up the exhaust and it let's you know whether the car is running spot on, rich or lean. A little rich is ok and infact prefered (they are like that as stock I beleive) but if you are running lean :bang: worth at least a check on the dyno if you go BPU, plus you get to find out roughly how much bhp your making at the same time.

AFR stand's for 'Air Fuel Ratio' you can monitor it by having an AFR gauge installed or you can have the AFR's checked by taking it to a rolloing road and they stick a probe up the exhaust and it let's you know whether the car is running spot on, rich or lean. A little rich is ok and infact prefered (they are like that as stock I beleive) but if you are running lean :bang: worth at least a check on the dyno if you go BPU, plus you get to find out roughly how much bhp your making at the same time.

oh cool - thanx for the tip - i am gonna pop down to Surrey RR on Friday after ToyotaGT have finished the BPU - maybe they can check it there.

thanx for the tip ;)