The mkiv Supra Owners Club

real carbon panels, need some help plz

does anyone have the real carbon dash panels fitted? are they 100% made by carbon fibre or mixed with diffrent materials? im trying to get some CF panels made but have difficulty making the panels exactly the same as the originals(the back of the panels), especially the clip holders.

any info/pics would be much appreciated :)

Guest CoolsBlue

cool, bet your gonna spend TYM on that!:Djust thinking u can take the holes/fittings etc on the back from the orginal panels and fit them to the cf replicas on the back? so the switches and controls etc fit, but itll have to be strong, if it was me id put the panels into a mold then lay cf into it and pop the mold, would that work? then work from the back with the fittings, seems like a PITA:d

yep thats about the same as im going to do, im thinking of making molds for each panels and the clip holders, then glue holders to the back of the replica CF panels, the special glue can hold 100-200N/cm*cm so i think its strong enough to hold the panel. just want to know if theres any other way to make it one piece b4 i go ahead

Guest CoolsBlue

acutally i got it, when youve done the front and its all nice, then u need the back fittings, fabricate a mold of the rear of the panel, dont have to be neat, make it smaller so it doesnt over lap the edges and show at the front, do it with fibreglass as the fibreglass mold will stick to the back of the cf with resin using it as a glue, obviously screws wont fit like the original panels. just screw in, but if you fill up the holes on the mold with some (more fibre than resin mix) the screws will tap in strong!!hope you understand what i mean:D