The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picked her up today, some dodgy phone pics.....

Suprash

Yes, finally back in the Supra, the universe is right again :D

Was so pleased to get back in her, I really didnt care about any issues, just pleased to be rolling about in her again.

Well got up to GVN early this morning, picked the car and drove her from Chiswick to Kingston-upon-thames with no front screen to the RAC Auto Windscreen center, they put the screen in and it has since transpired that they didnt leave it to dry long enough as on the motorway on the way the rubber trim around the windscreen started coming away and flapping in the wind. Stopped off at the Basingstoke center, but they were just closing and cant do anything till Wednesday, so he just pulled the rubber trim out, the bond underneath was still gooey. So that has to be sorted......

So gets the car back, gives her a good look over and Im very impressed with the finish and work that has been done on the doors and skirts.

There are a few area's of paint work that arent quite right, the worst being a small area of paintwork on the bonnet that hasnt been sprayed evenly, this will how ever have to be sprayed again, but I dont doubt for a second its a hard job to spray a car 100% perfect. I stopped back off at GVN to point out the couple of bits, very minor and you really have to get up and squint but the way I look at is Im paying a lot of money for this respray so wont it 110% perfect. But they said dont worry about a thing, note down anything that you feel needs sorting and when the car goes back to them they will sort it then, its nice for the service to carry on, so Im not complaining.....

Excuse the odd wheels on the front, Im waiting on some bits to arrive before I can put them on.

Anyway the pics, not very good at this stage Im afraid, on the phone camera and I think I was colder then I thought due to some of the shaking lol....and remember the front and rear bumpers might be out slightly on colour as these wont be staying on the car, but due to problems Im now waiting on a genuine Ridox front and genuine Trial rear to arrive.......this will be done soon....

mate that looks sweet!! VERY nice :cool:

Can't wait to get mine back - we'll have to go out for a spin.

Lol, only if you wait for me now.......single queen :p :D

The pics dont do her justice, the finish on the paintwork now is nice and smooth, there is a nice reflection on it, so much better then before....

Ash, Just looking at the pics the rear bumper does look a different colour, I know all about the different materials and all that but they normally dont look that different

Read my post again dude, I said the rear bumper and the front bumper have not been sprayed with the car, as Im waiting on new ones to arrive.....;)

Looks like a good job im not a fan of the blending work but it's always good to be different. Enjoy it! :)

Can I ask why ? Dont you think it makes the front of skirt look more part of the car instead of a skirt just stuck on and finishing at the door.....?

Guest Nicholas
Can I ask why ? Dont you think it makes the front of skirt look more part of the car instead of a skirt just stuck on and finishing at the door.....?

Just looks odd imo mate it blends in then goes out again :search: if you like it though thats good!

Hey Ash ;)

Even with your 'camera shake' the quality of the paintwork stands out a mile. Plenty of lacquer, really shows the difference between the paint job on the older bumper and the glossy finish on the bonnet :thumbs: I saw a GVN blue supra at JAE this summer which was done 4 years ago but that paint finish stood out a mile. money well invested there mate!

The skirts will suit the Ridox perfectly. Can I ask what the skirts are as I've not seen them before?

Looks lush already, cant wait for the 'finished' pics!

Linda

x

Hey Ash ;)

Even with your 'camera shake' the quality of the paintwork stands out a mile. Plenty of lacquer, really shows the difference between the paint job on the older bumper and the glossy finish on the bonnet :thumbs: I saw a GVN blue supra at JAE this summer which was done 4 years ago but that paint finish stood out a mile. money well invested there mate!

The skirts will suit the Ridox perfectly. Can I ask what the skirts are as I've not seen them before?

Looks lush already, cant wait for the 'finished' pics!

Linda

x

Thanks mate, Blits skirts they are though.....;)

Really?

Shut up you :D Its called individual taste, you should be pleased otherwise we would all be running around with Ridox fronts according to me and you.....;)

I liked the bumper at one stage, just own grown it now......:cool:

And shouldnt you be leaving about now........:p