The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from Japan!!

b_have

OMG! The Skyline GTR is awesome, sticker price only £37k. Took loads of pics but cant upload until Im home.

Fuji tv showed a primetime documetary last night about the GTR, showing all stages of its developement, including Nurburgring testing and mapping.(did a 7min 38sec lap at the end!!) Amazing program, the Nissan sales exec was shown going to Porsche Jp and comparing the gtr to the carrera. (Carrera seems to be the benchmark Nissan were aiming at).

OMG! The Skyline GTR is awesome, sticker price only £37k. Took loads of pics but cant upload until Im home.

Fuji tv showed a primetime documetary last night about the GTR, showing all stages of its developement, including Nurburgring testing and mapping.(did a 7min 38sec lap at the end!!) Amazing program, the Nissan sales exec was shown going to Porsche Jp and comparing the gtr to the carrera. (Carrera seems to be the benchmark Nissan were aiming at).

Ohayo,

Interesting reading your forum post :)

Would you happen to know the documentary title in Japanese, i can search it on the Japanese language sources to download. They are normally quick at uploading things. Can't imagine they will show it here, so online is only option.

Really like watching Fuji TV they make some of the best doramas in Japan :D

They were talking about the GTR on the Super GT commentary, said it will be the car Nissan will be running in the competition next year.

Be interesting to see how it compares on the track against the SC430

oh well time for breakfast,

ja ne, minna-san

Ian

Ohayo,

Interesting reading your forum post :)

Would you happen to know the documentary title in Japanese, i can search it on the Japanese language sources to download. They are normally quick at uploading things. Can't imagine they will show it here, so online is only option.

Really like watching Fuji TV they make some of the best doramas in Japan :D

They were talking about the GTR on the Super GT commentary, said it will be the car Nissan will be running in the competition next year.

Be interesting to see how it compares on the track against the SC430

oh well time for breakfast,

ja ne, minna-san

Ian

Konbanwa!

Actually, it was TV Tokyo, the name of the programme was ガイアの夜明け(gaia no yoake). A one hour documentary about the 365 days it took to design and build the GTR. Amazing tv, even though I had a running translation by the Mrs (who doesnt much like car stuff!).

• 2 weeks later...
Konbanwa!

Actually, it was TV Tokyo, the name of the programme was ガイアの夜明け(gaia no yoake). A one hour documentary about the 365 days it took to design and build the GTR. Amazing tv, even though I had a running translation by the Mrs (who doesnt much like car stuff!).

arigato gozaimasu :)

"Gaia no Yoake" - The Dawn of the Gaia? great title for a TV Show

Really do appreciate the programme information and both Japanese and Romaji titles.

All i need now is a Japanese wife, i have the Japanese car, the interest in the culture, and like their TV more than western TV, lol, and normally only watch Japanese movies.

I am going to look on the Japanese language sites for this documentary to download.

If anyone wants to see it apparently it is on Veoh -

"Online Video: Gaia no Yoake Nissan GT-R | Veoh Video Network

Gaia no Yoake Nissan GT-R. ... Gaia no Yoake Nissan GT-R. Now Playing; 43 min 56 sec; Added: 55 minutes ago; Views: 0. Best MOTORing 007-12"

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1432743NjnFpmQa

If you want to look for other Japanese, Chinese or other Asian TV programmes, check out the torrent site - http://www.d-addicts.com

Thanks once again, Charles for the info, appreciate it :) You have to post a write up of your time in Japan.

ja ne

Ian