The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T61 With 256in and 264 Now Mapped!!

Ryan.G

Well first of all just like to say big thanks to Tony license for fitting my cams. Great guy!!! Did a top job

So i went with the hks 256in and 264ex. Keeps the silky smooth idle of a straight 6 with the added power at top end.

While i was mapping a car at SRR i thought it would be a good time to pop my car on and give it a 30min mapping session.

First of all i managed to get 506bhp at 1bar

Then pumped up the boost to come in at 1.3 and then rise to 1.35 and managed a nice 566.8bhp and 486ftlb. Check out that torque line :cool:

The rev limiter was set at 6700rpm so i reckon with 1.45bar and 7000rpm should see 580bhp as the power was not dropping off:d But will be needing some bigger injectors for that :(

Here is a pic of the graph sorry for crap quality but its late will get charlie to send me the graph with wes's overlaid.

Ryan

Good numbers Ryan, it looks very laggy for a T61 though.

I have the same cam set up on mine (in256/ex264), running a GT35R turbo, as you can see from the attached graph, the power comes in a lot earlier (eg. at 4K rpm I'm making over double the hp)

542hp dyno.jpg

i didnt think a t61 was that laggy

very nice figure at 1bar,

im going to order that new top feed fuel line with 1150cc injectors, 3s are all-ready uprating the fuel lines.

1.6bar please.

as nick says.

i was thinking, thats getting on to matching my t88 graph

Si mate i think you need to look at the rpm along the bottom mate ;)

On the dyno run i get 1.3bar by 4550rpm in 4th gear

Your car gets 1.3bar by 6000rpm in 3rd :)

Good numbers Ryan, it looks very laggy for a T61 though.

I have the same cam set up on mine (in256/ex264), running a GT35R turbo, as you can see from the attached graph, the power comes in a lot earlier (eg. at 4K rpm I'm making over double the hp)

What does 542ps relate to in BHP though? Wish we could get 104ron over here

And would be interested to see your torque curve as i hit 485ftlb and hold it nearly all the way to the red line

There is definatly some cam timing to be played with as both wes and i have found the cars laggier after the cams. I need to advance both cams to bring my graph over abit as at 6500rpm the power is still climbing.

Also the graph does make it look abit laggier due to the way the rpm is set compared to other supra i have mapped on there. I dont like to rev mine to 7500rpm :D

Great figure Ryan, how was your drive home

Luckily it as pretty dry on the way back so had some fun. Didn't have time to tweak the map at all but did have to put more boost in slightly.From around 4500rpm to redline is seriously quick but i put that down to the torque being constant across to rev range.

Its enough power for me but will spend abit more time with it on sunday as this was only 30 mins of work ;)

It wasnt that dry, I managed to get wheelspin in my Auto NA on the way home ;)

I have been looking at my boost duty map today and I have some ideas for increasing my midrange and peak torque :D

M40 was fine, 4th feels like 3rd was before now

Pop me e-mail about boost