The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intake/Surge Tank

bmx1lew

i was just wondering if i could get a Greddy Intake cheap can i still use it with not having a single install also if i did get one what else would need to be changed, my plans are to get my engine blinged up a bit, i dont think i would ever go single with a auto, think i will be happy getting the max out of a set of good hybrids, however i may be able to source a less then half price Greddy intake and thought why not.

will it make any improvments ie more responsive any gains, also will it make any changes to the sound of the engine or the exhaust sounds?

cheers lew

The intake will not serve ANY purpose whatso ever, other than forcing you to get a different throttle body, relocating the battery and a few other bits and bobs...

If you are only running hybirds, there really is no reason to get it, I've also heard it affects lower RPM response.

i see so there is quiet a few other parts that require a upgrade, it was just a thought because i can get one for £350 which i thought wasnt that bad my futer plans is to change the cams, fule rail and injectors and aim for the best i can get out of hybrids, so i figured been so cheap it might be benificial aswell as bling looking :)