The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Somke Screen Car Security! Awsome !

M4RK RZ

Smoke screen alarm feature has been around for some time, i remember a good 10years ago a classmate from college who had one installed on his XR2i (which his parents, who'd just won a few hundred grands for 5no's and bonus ball on the lottery bought him! It was mint and had every gadget on it available back then.)

He parked it on a highstreet outside a bar we were at, whilst enjoying his "shandy's" he was blissfully unaware that outside his alarm had falsely gone, off poss just from traffic passing by, eitherway had triggered his smoke screen thing, someone had alerted the fire brigade of a white XR2i ON FIRE in the middle of the high street!

They turned-up, smashed his window and proceeded to fill his car up with water. Was the source of many a joke at college for some time, think they hit him with a bill for the privilege too!:D

Took a good few months to dry out and was never the same again as you could imagine.

i installed an intruder alarm in someones rather large house with 2 x smoke machines, was fun testing them!! the smoke is so thick you cant see your hand infront of your face after about 10secs, and takes quite a bit of time to clear when you open windows/doors, the smoke doesnt smell, or leave any marks or resisdue on anything! good stuff.. did think about this for cars a while back!