The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra-owner to-be in Bath/Bristol

Guest Rico3065

Guest Rico3065

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

The time has finally come. :cool: I've finally decided to get a supra, hopefully not just any but a TT. But as easy as it sounds, it never is. Like many others on here, my budget isn't on the high end, I'm still finishing my Msc and I'm only £6 grand up for the car. I have a Polo ... but it has gone to S**T, and well, there's no point in getting it fixed, cos it's a polo. Don't get me wrong, I loved that little car, had it sitting on 17s, blacked out to say the least... but it's time to move on. Now since I'm still looking for one and have been for about two weeks, I was wondering if anybody could throw me in the right direction. I've read the buying guide and will be printing it out as soon as I can. But if anybody knows of any nearby, I would really appreciate it, NA, TT and auto. It doesn't help that I can't get anywhere in my car. Gota get a feel for all of them, to really know what I want. I haven't ever really been a power freek, but definately have been a supra freek! No pun intended! Anyway, hope all goes well and you'll be seeing me around.

For £6k you could get a reasonable J SPEC auto. The autos are very good. If you are after uk manual you'd be looking at about £10k. The for sale section on here will be a good place to start looking. Good luck with your search:)

Oh, and welcome to the club by the way:)

Guest Rico3065

Thanks hoff! You're definately right about the TT price, but fingers crossed, MAYBE, I'll see a good deal somewhere. One thing I forgot to ask, is what kind of mileage should I be looking at. I know, it doesn't necessarily reflect the condition of the engine, and as robust as these engines might be, I'm sure they have some kind of life expectancy. What's the maximum mileage I should be looking at??

Thanks hoff! You're definately right about the TT price, but fingers crossed, MAYBE, I'll see a good deal somewhere. One thing I forgot to ask, is what kind of mileage should I be looking at. I know, it doesn't necessarily reflect the condition of the engine, and as robust as these engines might be, I'm sure they have some kind of life expectancy. What's the maximum mileage I should be looking at??

Not sure to be honest. Someone else will though. But remember Toyota build one of the toughest and robust engines out there. They have a lot of life in them. My NA has almost done 100k now and is going fine (touch wood:rolleyes:). If you service it regularly it'll be fine:)

Mileage is not really an issue as long as its been looked after. I'd rather buy a supra thats done 200k with good history than one with only 100k with none. But this not always the case with imports as they rarely come with any. Its a good idea to buy from a trader on here or a member as you know the car should be pretty solid. There is alot of dogs and scams going on the web so becareful and you could always post up a link or few pics of a car you like that may not be from this club.

:welcome: