The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Testing the waters!!

smithn05

Hi Guys,

Would be interested in knowing what people think my Supra is worth. I realise its not the best example out there now, but after 7 years of ownership it has proved completely and utterly reliable and has never let me down. Looking at selling as I am spending about £60 a week in fuel and am looking at a diesel :(

Ok the Spec with as much genuine info as I can think of:

1994 J-Spec GZ 6 Speed in Red

155K miles mostly M-way(mine since 35k)

Mobil 1 thoughout my 7 years of ownership (although services done by me so no history)

Everything Standard, even the Jap speed limiter (fuel cut at 120mph ish)

Engine never red lined (6k max) during my ownership

Clutch good

Gearbox good - notchy when cold, smooth when hot in typical Supra fashion.

Engine good - no unusual noises

Turbos good - spools up quickly and smoothly

Sympathetic ownership in my time - no turbos until engine warm, and off the turbos for last few miles with decent tickover at the end etc

Now the not so good points, starting at the front:

Front edge of bonnet stone chipped and aluminium starting to corrode. Easy respray job at this stage.

Valve stem oil seals need doing - blue smoke on start up only

Heater Matrix blocked, and also over this last summer the aircon ran out of refrigerant (1st time its ever had a problem with it)

Heat shield on exhaust rattles at 1200 RPM

Stone chips and paint microblisters on roof and rear RHD quarter. The micro blisters were caused by a re-spray of the rear quarters due to panel damage whilst on the boat coming over from Japan. When I bought the car they were non-existant (although I knew about the panel damage) but over time have become apparent.

Cambelt due.

Any help or advice you can give (or is someone wants to make an offer ;-) ) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nigel