The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stick on number plates

Golddigga

Too late now! :D Its been off the car for a month or so. In the end I used 'sticky stuff remover' from halfrauds which doesn't really do what it says on the tin tbh lol

Oh... well I currently have a large stick on number plate which I wanted to remove and put a smaller one on the bottom of the bumper.

Did you use a hair dryer to warm it up before peeling? Thats what I was going to do

Just be aware that all police forces are cracking down on number plate size, IE anything that isnt regulations billboard size.... they even complain abotu import plates.

Ive been running a small plate for years and got tugged twice last week for it, in two different counties :rolleyes: Its due to all the number plate reading technologies having problems with them. I am guessing they are in the initial stage of this, as both times i got away with a "reccomendation" to change it, sure they will start issuing on the spot fines soon enough.

Did you use a hair dryer to warm it up before peeling? Thats what I was going to do

Yep I used a heat gun and warmed it up which made it a bit easier

If I do decide to keep the normal sized plate as a sticker, do you think it will be OK to stick it on the bottom of the VS bumper (facing up)?

I think you might still have problems with that idea, as number plates are supposed to face forwards. As people have said before, depends on the mood of the copper