The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much for a 2jz-ge?

miko_supra

Well if you consider the fact that a head gasket change will cost above £600 anywhere reputable then I would price a replacement engine in that area as well. Remember the lexus GS uses the same engine and alot of them would be on huge miles. It will fetch a better price with a photocopy of the cars service history especially if you have the japanese history.

Well if you consider the fact that a head gasket change will cost above £600 anywhere reputable then I would price a replacement engine in that area as well. Remember the lexus GS uses the same engine and alot of them would be on huge miles. It will fetch a better price with a photocopy of the cars service history especially if you have the japanese history.

No jap history but i have 2 years worth of receipts for oil changes etc...

you need to be lucky and actually find someone who needs one. They are not exactly the most unreliable engine so there is little if no demand.

ebay has one for £99 with no bids, but like DB says it will be worth more to someone in need.

If you know its a good engine and are keen to get top money i would try and take a video clip of it running and then arrange to carefully store it after removal ie have a pallet, cover over the exposed intake, maybe even refill with coolant after blanking of the water pump outlet and top cylinder head to rad outlet?

IMO you may get £300+ for a complete setup like this but it will take time, £100-£150 buy it now would probably see you get rid of it asap, and holding on to it and selling the odd bit to people via the wanted section (thinking aircon compressor, alternator ECU etc) may get you somewhere inbetween or even more in the (very!) long run :)

you need to be lucky and actually find someone who needs one. They are not exactly the most unreliable engine so there is little if no demand.

ebay has one for £99 with no bids, but like DB says it will be worth more to someone in need.

If you know its a good engine and are keen to get top money i would try and take a video clip of it running and then arrange to carefully store it after removal ie have a pallet, cover over the exposed intake, maybe even refill with coolant after blanking of the water pump outlet and top cylinder head to rad outlet?

IMO you may get £300+ for a complete setup like this but it will take time, £100-£150 buy it now would probably see you get rid of it asap, and holding on to it and selling the odd bit to people via the wanted section (thinking aircon compressor, alternator ECU etc) may get you somewhere inbetween or even more in the (very!) long run :)

Cheers for that, so if i am going to cover it up and leave it in the back garden for a few months till someone needs it, should i put oil in it?

I binned 2 today. Needed the space. :(

Put it in your garage, and save it for a rainy day. ;)

Bah, you could have binned on in my direction...

Seriously, I have been half looking for another N/A motor in good nick as mine is drinking oil at a frightening rate although it still drives well and not noticeably smokey.

Trouble is, all the ones that I've seen have been miles away and I can't get to them.

Instead of replacing the engine how much would it cost to make the NA engine look like a TT engine? I know you will have to change compression rates etc - but would it be cheaper than buying a TT engine, or if you went straight to single?

I dont like the look of the NA-T conversions because of the bit that goes over the top to the air filter and want a big power turbo engine eventually

Cheers for that, so if i am going to cover it up and leave it in the back garden for a few months till someone needs it, should i put oil in it?

i'd have thought just leaving the oil thats in it now would be ok.......

You seriously have to weigh up if its worth the effort to store it and wait (if its left outside too long you may end up doing what Jezz has done), it may pay to just get a few bits off it for spares for the TT (alternator, Crank pulley?) and take the £100 or so then at least its gone?