The mkiv Supra Owners Club

first pull in the soop..

ballsdeep

:bobby: just fitted my new bumper and didn't want to spoil it with a number plate so i decided to go gangsta n not fit it!! what a mistake that was... 1st day n i get a pull!!! lucky for me he must of been popping out for some donuts as he let me go with jus a warning.... re fit my number plate n where a bloody seat belt, Doh!!

what can happen if i get caught again with no number plate??

Usually a producer, maybe a £30 fine too. I dont think you can get points, maybe for constant repeats. There are loop hole though such as not having a fixing bracket on your bumper etc. I think. Ive been lucky so far but a few on here haven't been so lucky so they can tell you more.

loop hole as in you can get away with having no front number plate somehow?? Anyone anything more definite on this?

Thats one ive heard of. You can have a smaller plate if the lettering and spacing is still standard. Also I think you can have import size plates if the car is an import. But to be honest im not 100% on any of those. Its a bit complicated to me :rolleyes:

I got got pulled by the popo the day after i picked it up from Jurgen! I was told my front numberplate was too small. I told them it had just been imported and went through the MOT like that, not to mention it was import sized so technically legal as far as i was aware.

The traffic cop said it was still illegal...gave me a 'fix it ticket' but no fine. I didnt bother fixing it, 4 months later i got a notice of discontinuance from the police :D .Idle threats and all that......

I got a tug by the police a little while ago for my plate, they said the lettering was illegal and as it was a personalised plate if i didnt change it they would have it removed. But they didnt take any details or give me a ticket so i didnt bother getting it changed, heard nothing since :)

I've been numberplate-less since about March this year as the original one kept falling off :blink: Eventually gave up then had new kit and needed to let the paint 'cure' for a few days weeks. So far not had probs in fact I pulled into a Shell station recently same time as Mr policeman, I was bricking it but although he looked he said nothing.

Its probably a matter of time but seems a shame to spoil the lines :D lolxx

L

ivbee given a ticket thing to goto an MOT garage and get it stamped in so many days to prove i changed it back to a legal one, and had to produce it... shame i was working at a garage at the time, stamped it my self lol total waist of time

my plate was different font, smaller, letters moved over where the space should be, basicly totaly illegal, didnt get to much bother, and that was front and back!