The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TEIN EDFC - any pics of an install, please?

KaoriFan

Hi,

Hope someone can help. tomorrow my EDFC unit arrives ready for install. just wondering if someone has any photos showing their install inside the car, and where is it positioned for use when driving. Not sure where to locate it so it is easy to reach when needed.

Any help really appreciated, thanks

Ian

Mine's inside the centre glovebox thing, with the RLTC adjuster.

How often would you need to change it whilst driving? You might be over-estimating how useful it actually is. It's just a gimmick really.

I almost never change mine. I certainly wouldn't want it on display all the time.

Contrary to the above post, I use my adjuster each time I go out, usually soft for getting out from where I live (town) and medium-hard when I reach the motorway or dual carriageway. Adjuster is on driver side of the centre console, next to where the seat belt goes in. I'll post a pic tomorrow

Mine's inside the centre glovebox thing, with the RLTC adjuster.

How often would you need to change it whilst driving? You might be over-estimating how useful it actually is. It's just a gimmick really.

I almost never change mine. I certainly wouldn't want it on display all the time.

Hi Jake, down here in Sussex the roads are dreadful, recessed rain covers, badly patched surfaces, so many bumps - a nightmare.

You have to drive the other side of Bexhill or Hastings to get to any good roads where the normal suspension feels good.

didn't help when some guy in a Skyline came towards me on my half of the road and forced me into a recessed drain cover and killed my suspension :|

Contrary to the above post, I use my adjuster each time I go out, usually soft for getting out from where I live (town) and medium-hard when I reach the motorway or dual carriageway. Adjuster is on driver side of the centre console, next to where the seat belt goes in. I'll post a pic tomorrow

Hi Gerald, thanks for the the reply, appreciate it.

I think it will be used same as you, in town on the bad roads - soft, then on the good roads set to a more hard setting.

Thanks for the pic, look forward to it :D

Hi Daman, thanks for the photo, if only i had the space to have it fitted thatway, but still need 2 Din slots, for DVD setup.

btw, what colour pain code is your dash, i like that colour and am getting mine repainted in a couple of weeks?

Cheers guys for all your help, appreciate it

ja ne

Ian

sorry for delay, here are pics as promised. Nowhere near as posh as having them in the dash!!! But works fine for me

Cheers for the photos Gerald, that is how i am having it installed for the moment, as i just want it installed and working ok.

Will be getting it moved somewhere else soon :D

Hey Ian, did the garage recieve the Kit okay? should have got it yesterday?

Hiya Jody :)

i know we talked on the phone, but just so it looks polite in the forum will reply too, hehe.

yes, both items were recieved by the garage, and will be installed on Friday, so car should be back on Tuesday.

So far it has been the best experience of using a Trader on the forum, many thanks :thumbs:

Later on today, will write up a positive report on all the advice and other things we talked of, and give positive i-trader as well

cheers, for everything, and will see you soon

ja ne

ian

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car back since last week, and have the EDFC installed atm between the drivers seat and centre console.

When i get my car worked on for the dash conversion maybe will think of having it installed in the dash somewhere, liking the looks of the install Tee from China has.

Wondering if their is enough space in the right hand side of the dash to install both EDFC and RLTC(if i ever needed it), as well as space for switches for front fog lamps.

I find EDFC is a good addition to my setup.

ja ne

Ian