The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch on a single

Chiefgroover

For those of you who dont want to use noisey clutches that bite like a snake, try the Centerforce dual friction.

Feels stock, bite feels almost stock and holds 600bhp all day every day, without making rattles at idle. Single plate with their own patented technology.

This is my second one, and I love it :)

How much ? £495 plus delivery from Tdi.

Interesting... my standard clutch is on its way out after a few thousand miles on BPU, and I was thinking of the CW clutch, but this one is the same price.... anyone got any further opinions? See I might go for a small 500-600bhp single when my tubbies give out, which I don't think CW clutch will handle, but I don't want to go for a rattly stiff short travel clutch on my daily driver, have one of them on the RX7!

• 3 weeks later...

Since no-one wants to say anything I'll just try one out for myself! Does anyone have the TDI contact details to hand? Doing a google for TDI doesn't do much for me...

Next question is who to get to fit it? I am in the Reading/Bracknell area, so unforuntately Chris Wilson is a little out of my way, and even Whifbitz is a bit of a trek too.

The price form TDI is £605.13 including delivery and vat, or £1051.62 including installation and vat.

Anyone had any experiences with buying these from the states? With the dollar as it is I may be able to get myself a deal, but I am having trouble finding someone who sells it!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, cheers Jamie, cheapest I found was nearer $900 all in - good find!

Sorry I have only just seen your post, I didn't get the notification email thingy... OK, now I must find someone to fit the clutch for beer tokens...

I can't offer an opinion on the fifference between the two clutches but I have just had a RPS max series clutch fitted and I thought that something must have been lose the rattle that thing gives out before any torque is applied :blink:

That will be your undamped lightweight flywheel making the gearbox rattle, not the clutch.