The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra options

ozz

I'm thinking of selling my red NA to buy a newer model in either gunmetal or black. I love my NA, awesome road handling and the sound (Nur Spec) is amazing. She looks nice in red but I'm not keen on the alloys and would like a newer model with low mileage (she's on 74k ish) and dish style alloys.

So..do they do a NA 1997/98 in black? I've seen them in gunmetal which is my preffered choice. I've seen a really nice quicksilver (you know who you are..!) that I'm tempted for but its a long drive and I'm not convinced on the colour. Also - is 1998 the last year for the NA?

Is the facelift quicksilver the same as the older standard silver? No offence to owners of them but I really dislike that colour and the panels (especially rear bumper) always look a slighty different shade. The quicksilver in question looks really nice though (in pictures).

Im probably mad to sell as my the supra feels tailor made for me and mechanically I can't fault her...but I've seen a few black and especially gunmetals around and they look the business. Would I be happy with a quicksilver or would I covet a gunmetal still?

I have considered going TT, especially the black thats currently at £9500 on a 98 plate but its a waste with the journey I make daily.

but its a waste with the journey I make daily.

Why dont you get a TT and buy a little run around car?

Once you have driven one you will never go back....im actually worried about whats going to happen when I need to sell my TT to get a house, nothing will compare to a TT:rolleyes:

Why dont you get a TT and buy a little run around car?

Once you have driven one you will never go back....im actually worried about whats going to happen when I need to sell my TT to get a house, nothing will compare to a TT:rolleyes:

I love driving the supra every day, its only 40 miles but there are soooo many cameras and police cars its not worth the risk. Yes, the car is only as fast as you drive, but if I drive a TT slowly then I might as well stick with the NA!

What kind of money are you willing to spend? Mines a quicksilver 1998 low miles ;) lol

There is a stunning quicksilver one for sale now that I'm considering, I'm really not sure on the colour though... If you are serious about selling then I'll consider yours as well as you are pretty close!

@ dr_blackman - soz dude just noticed yours is an auto. Really want to stick with a manual.

Dont get in a TT im not allowing myself to incase i like it to much.

Im selling my N/A soon and going Aero. Ever given that some thought?

Have considered aeros, most available seem to be around 1993 and I don't want to go older. Plus, I'd rarely have the opportunity to take the roof off - too much rain around here and I work in a Nickel Refinery...