The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rubber seal that goes around the front windscreen

albundy68

i just encountered the same problem.

i am sure it can be taken out without removing the screen, there is a thread on here somewhere that confirms it. if your screen is taken out make sure they look after the clips under the bonnet that holds the rubber strip down because the gits broke half of mine when they replaced it!

i just encountered the same problem.

i am sure it can be taken out without removing the screen, there is a thread on here somewhere that confirms it. if your screen is taken out make sure they look after the clips under the bonnet that holds the rubber strip down because the gits broke half of mine when they replaced it!

thanks Dwayne, I'm sure I've read threads saying it can be done without removing the windscreen as well, but cant find any now,

anyone???

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi - jumping in here, mine just snapped the bung at the bottom on the drivers side, it flicked up and flapped around.

As is my usual trick I checked with Toyota (so that I can gauge a rip off against the next best thing to do) they are quoting £170! To bond a whole new seal

Now the strip has come off up to just before the bend for the top of the windscreen. Can I not just silicone it back down? Or is this a bit daft? I don't know if the silicone will prevent a new screen fitting if I ever need one?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Guest Rsand85

i bought new rubber seals direct from toyota for my respray as i removed all glass the rubbers clip onto the window before bonding it in!i have an invoice here for £70 rear window seal and £45 front window seal.