The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie looking advice

Guest francisjoss

Guest francisjoss

Hi, all

first off hello, great site loads of info, some off the cars look amazing

Im new to the supra world, been dreaming of getting one for a long time now, going to go for it and get me one

But have a few questions,

The big question for me is what type to go for, automatic or manual, TT or N/A. I have never had a RWD car before and the quickest car I have owned was a Renault 19 16V with full straight through S/S exhaust with K&N system

So any advice or tips when looking for a supra or what the best model to start off in would be great

also is there a big difference between auto and manual when it comes to fuel consumption

I was wondering about insurance over here, does anyone have any experience with insurance in N.Ireland for Supra’s especially if it’s a jap import

any help you could give would be fantastic

Thanks

Fra

:welcome: Manual all the way... auto drivers are boring and lazy!! :p

as for power TT is obviously gona be your first choice unless like me you cant afford a good example manual TT....

i had audi a3 1.8T quattro 180bhp b4 my n/a and i love it!!!! but the extra bhp is needed!!!!!!!!!!!

go for a TT, there is not much difference between the 2 for insurance! :innocent:

check with insurance companies first, some people have been having issues of late.

but once that is sorted, TT manual all the way.

NA drivers want more power, so look at turbos

TT autos want more driveable car, so look at manuals

TT manuals sit there looking pretty :D

commence the flaming :p

Guest francisjoss

cheers

would love a manual TT all the way, money isnt too much off an issue i suppose will have about £5K to 6K spend

but will def have to check insurance companies over here its very hard to insure imports,

are most good examples all imports?

Guest Nicholas
cheers

would love a manual TT all the way, money isnt too much off an issue i suppose will have about £5K to 6K spend

but will def have to check insurance companies over here its very hard to insure imports,

are most good examples all imports?

Welcome, you won't get a good 6 speed manual tt for that budget ideally you need 8-12k

Good luck with the search :)

Guest francisjoss
Welcome, you won't get a good 6 speed manual tt for that budget ideally you need 8-12k

Good luck with the search :)

suppose a few more months saving will be needed then lol

Guest francisjoss
i wouldnt have thought you would be able to get a manual tt for 6k you would need to look more at 8k for a good example

yeah just found that out but as i say new to this lol

Guest francisjoss
i bought my supra a week after my 21st birthday and i didnt get much of a bank loan, but i bought a N/A auto in near mint condition for 6400 i wanted a manual but with the condition and price i couldnt say no

nice...i wouldnt mind to be honest which engine i got, from what i have seen they are all great cars,

how much difference is there between the N/A and the TT

Guest francisjoss
i really want a tt but i cant justify the extra running costs so i would say its up to you. get a test drive in a n/a and see if its quick enough

def getting a test drive before i buy, will be getting one after christmas time hopefully before end of jan, but doing my research now so i have as much info as possible, really cant wait

Guest francisjoss
You can get a very nice auto TT for £6-8k :sly::eyebrows:

now thats more like it, i wouldnt mind an auto TT but will have to see whats available when i have the money together

Welcome mate

I have had both the na and now own a TT and to be honest i dont really see much of a difference in running costs(except maybe on those weekend spirited driving trips).I dont do much mileage in mine ,maybe 350miles a month so i may not be the best example:d

Power difference is .....well a lot!!the na can get you to silly speeds fairly quickly, the tt will get you there before you even realise your there :blink:..............