The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what RPM should VVTI TT idle at

Sisky

put a deposit ona 98 VVTI TT - BPU today - hoping to collect tomorrow...

was very happy with the car......only concern i took away was that she , on start up, idled at 650-700rpm....

this was first start of car for weeks - been sitting garaged (done 6K miles in over 2 years)

ticked over nicely on start-up - not very cold day

- idled straight awayat 700 RPM and am told always does at that...

i was expecting it from my limited supra experince to idle above 1000 initially, especially on cold start up , before settling back down?? (wee at least thats what my previous 94 N/A did??

anyone know if this idle RPM is normal or any issue for this car.???...

didn't sound at all loud at that, even with full decat... so I don't think its an issue

As mentioned by Alex; so long as it isn't struggling to idle then it will be fine. I've not owned a VVTI, but they do normally have a high idle when completly cold. If it's not completely cold then the idle will be lower.

Did you go with the white one in the end?

As mentioned by Alex; so long as it isn't struggling to idle then it will be fine. I've not owned a VVTI, but they do normally have a high idle when completly cold. If it's not completely cold then the idle will be lower.

Did you go with the white one in the end?

ya went with the white one.....she's mint - couldn't find fault - except she'll need 2 back tyres -- loved the tiptronic auto i must say - my obsession with a manual is over.....

car is 80 miles from me and i was only 5 miles on the road home after closing the deal that my 5 series conked out (fuel pump i'd say...f**kin beemers!!) - the guy sellin me the car came out for me and towed me to a garge in his champagne couloured suzuki swift - hilarious scene i'd say - abig 523 being tugged along by a little pink suziki swift - people were crackin up at the side of the road (I was mortified :)

Nice one, it seemed like a decent car from the spec sheet, though as mentioned a little pricey by UK standards ;)

Erm, guess who's just bought a BMW 5 series today :D

i'm just glad the search is over and i got one i'm happy with a a good price (by irish standards).......

i'll post pics (once i wash it!!) - only thing i'd consider doing is an aftermarket front lip spoiler - but only if i can fir one to the existing stock bumper and without sacrificing the active spoiler ?

buy 5 backup fuel pumps for that 5 series ;) -- trust me!