The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EGT, AFR & Intake Temps :)

jevansio

After my recent high EGTs (1000 deg) and lean AFRs (12.5+) me & Michel did some runs logging stuff & put a bit more fuel in top end. By the evening we ended up with AFRs around 11.5 & EGTs under 950 deg :D. I'm so chuffed, with the WI should be under 900 deg.

The biggest suprise was the intake temp, did some runs in Michels car, he's got a 74mm turbo & an unducted XS Power FMIC, he was seeing temps of 36 deg off boost & 47-48 deg on WOT. I've got a GT4088R which you would assume chucks out hotter air than the 74mm, and a ducted exact same FMIC. I was seeing 25 deg off boost & 32 deg on WOT, about 15 deg cooler! :D It's a shame I didn't get any logs before I ducted it to do a direct comparison on the same car :(.

Also my knock levels were well low.

Looking forward to the mapping session on Thursday now to see if I can run 1.4 BAR without the issues that have brough previous attemts to run max 1.3 BAR.

Massive thanks again to Michel & Ian for their help today.

sounds like you were all having fun! out on the A19 by any chance??

was out in mine tonight, running 1.4bar at 11.3 with 295 tyres and the uprated diff... it is just ballistic in 3rd gear! There are not many cooler air days with decent traction left.

I have the car in at motorscope on Thrs to have the inj pulled and flow tested.

Hey Andy,

The runs were done int 2nd to 5th gear. 5th gear was the one where I was seeing 1000 deg but with the extra fuel its a lot better.

DT is mapping it, I realise the issues you've had with him, but upto now I've been happy with his conduct & I desperatly need a map since my injectors were cleaned.

Hey Andy,

The runs were done int 2nd to 5th gear. 5th gear was the one where I was seeing 1000 deg but with the extra fuel its a lot better.

DT is mapping it, I realise the issues you've had with him, but upto now I've been happy with his conduct & I desperatly need a map since my injectors were cleaned.

Ok Jay, Well best of luck mate... I'd make sure u keep a close eye... Maybe sit in the car with him? or get Michel too, wouldn't want your car to head the way mine nearly did

Ok Jay, Well best of luck mate... I'd make sure u keep a close eye... Maybe sit in the car with him? or get Michel too, wouldn't want your car to head the way mine nearly did

I'll def be in the car as we're doing it on the road, I'll be able to keep an eye on most things with the gauges (except knock) so fingers crossed should be OK. Thank you for the concern though, I do appreciate it Andy :thumbs:

I'll def be in the car as we're doing it on the road, I'll be able to keep an eye on most things with the gauges (except knock) so fingers crossed should be OK. Thank you for the concern though, I do appreciate it Andy :thumbs:

If your mapping on the road.. Ask michel or Dan to wear some Det Can's.... You can't see it.. But through those bad boys you can certainly hear it.