The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looks like a Spiggot ring failure

ManwithSupra

changing the rings today to see how i can get to the bottom of my vibration issue, and one of the front rings were like this !!

It is also badly distorted and has the crack (see attached) around 40% of the circumfrance (cant spell today lol)

I havent had a chance to take her out yet as, when i was was changing the other one looks like i have serious inside tyer wear on the front passanger side, so bad in fact the rest of the tyer looks as if its hardly been used then a 1" area where the inside tyer wall is it has worn down to the canvas !

Not sure what is causing that i had the alignment done when i had the front tyers changed - the other one with the bad spiggot is fine :rolleyes:

Now i dont know if there is a serious problem casuing the vibration :(

spiggotringfail.jpg

whats the vibration your getting ?

the tyre wear sounds terrible and to get that it must be obviously out in either the track or camber or both, i'd get it on a ramp and see what all the joints are like, just the same as mot guys do.

then i'd get it tracked up again

what does it steer like, does it pull to the left or right, does braking make it pull left or right ? when does the vibration happen ? speed related ?

whats the vibration your getting ?

the tyre wear sounds terrible and to get that it must be obviously out in either the track or camber or both, i'd get it on a ramp and see what all the joints are like, just the same as mot guys do.

then i'd get it tracked up again

what does it steer like, does it pull to the left or right, does braking make it pull left or right ? when does the vibration happen ? speed related ?

Does not pull to the left or right, braking is fine so is the steering, the vibration starts at about 60+ mph sometimes it likes to tramline but that is probably because of the size of my wheels and the width, i have had a garage check the bearings and they said its ok.....im not sure what it is :(

If one tyre is as bad as you say then that will make it tramline, ive got 19x10 on the front of my car with no probs.

Does the vibration get worse as you speed up from 60, stay the same, go way ? does the steering wobble with the vibration

As i said in my 1st post the track or camber must be out to get that sort of tyre wear, shame your not nearer to b'ham, ibrar and myself could have a look for you and have laser 4 wheel alignment kit.