The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought a Supra!

Guest Daniel

Hi!

I've now purchased the car of my dreams and am looking for a stand alone ECU and mapping!

Its a red twin turbo Auto completely stock apart from decat and air filter. I'd like 450bhp if thats possible???

Any recommendations on where to go? I'm in Northampton by the way!

Cheers

Dan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hello: and :welcome:

First rule of supra club is Use the search button.

Second rule of supra club is USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!

Third rule of supra club is dont post anything if its been on the internet longer than 20 seconds or someone will tell you its a repost :p

Where abouts in northampton are you m8? im NN1 so bang in the middle. might have seen me about.

Give me a shout in a couple of weeks and ill take you out in my new car. thats 390 something and bpu. :)

450 is heading into single turbo or hybryd teritory which is obviously more expensive.

Your best best is to aim for about 400 and go BPU.

Not sure how much that costs. but its not a HUGE ammount compared to a sinigle. You dont need a stand alone ECU or any mapping for that i dont think.

Im waiting to be corrected...

First rule of supra club is Use the search button.

Second rule of supra club is USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!

Third rule of supra club is dont post anything if its been on the internet longer than 20 seconds or someone will tell you its a repost :p

Where abouts in northampton are you m8? im NN1 so bang in the middle. might have seen me about.

Give me a shout in a couple of weeks and ill take you out in my new car. thats 390 something and bpu. :)

450 is heading into single turbo or hybryd teritory which is obviously more expensive.

Your best best is to aim for about 400 and go BPU.

Not sure how much that costs. but its not a HUGE ammount compared to a sinigle. You dont need a stand alone ECU or any mapping for that i dont think.

Im waiting to be corrected...

:funny: Good advice there. Oh and of course:mods:

thanks mate. Might take you up on that offer!!!

I definately want a stand alone as I've had them on my last 4 cars Honda Civic, Integra, Mazda 323 4x4 and Pulsar GTi. Transforms the car!!! Just want to get someone thats experienced with Supra tuning as it saves a lot of hassle.

Also as everyone does I've got bigger plans coming so want the ECU in at the start!

As I said before. Everytime I've had them on my other cars it's made noticeable differences in every area. Key thing was to find a good mapper hence why I was asking if anyone can recommend someone??? Shouldn't need remapping unless I change the spec of the car

Going on previous people upgrade paths to achieve that figure on the supra (on the sequential system) you would need:

bpu upgrade (both decats + plugs and pump) running 1.2 -1.3 bar

Hybrid turbos

Bigger injectors

And something to control the injectors.

The standard ecu is known to run things rich but how much you would gain from altering that i don't know. Speak to Ryan g or Ian c.

Do you have any idea what standalone you are thinking of ?

Although having said that tDr has a map ecu and has achieved quite a bit of power from his setup.

Errr.... Sorry guys. I WANT a standalone. Do you guys read these threads.... I've got plans for the future! I've been in Auto single with an AEM and it was awesome!!! This guy said I could have his Map to start from to make sure the gearbox worked fine so I just need someone to map the fuel and Ignition. Do you have a phone number Ryan?

Ps I don't do Piggybacks either!

Guest Nicholas
Errr.... Sorry guys. I WANT a standalone. Do you guys read these threads.... I've got plans for the future! I've been in Auto single with an AEM and it was awesome!!! This guy said I could have his Map to start from to make sure the gearbox worked fine so I just need someone to map the fuel and Ignition. Do you have a phone number Ryan?

Ps I don't do Piggybacks either!

lol :) good luck! there's nothing like spending a grand plus mapping on a stand alone AEM or equivalent for a stock auto you'll see a massive power hike :rolleyes:

and as for the piggybacks comment that's not much good my legs get tired easily :(

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't think the AEM was able to control the auto box on the Supra. It certainly couldn't 12 months ago. I know of a least one member on here that has lost 2 boxes to his AEM and is now considering an auto to manual conversion.

There are options for a standalone for an autobox, but you'll probably need a built box as the standalones are known to run higher line pressures in the box leading to much harsher gearchanges.

Speak to TDr, he runs a MAP ECU on a BL Built tranny box. The only other auto single I've been in with a standalone was CJ's old car. That was again running a BL built box with Motec mangement and again, IIRC the box was eaten on that car.

Was it a members car that you went out in with the AEM on an auto or a tuner?

Errr.... Sorry guys. I WANT a standalone.

Buy one then, you seem to know what you want and clearly know better than anyone else when it comes to getting 450bhp in a Supra so go ahead and get one.

What's your budget?

UK or J-Spec car?

What are these amazing "plans" for the future? Giving us a clue on those may help people to pick a standalone solution to suit, no point mentioning anything if you are planning something that some ECUs can't / won't deal with.

You remind me of Veruca Salt, that's a bad thing.