The mkiv Supra Owners Club

why doesnt my bumper fit perfect.....

ballsdeep

test fitted my bumper last night, but there's about an inch gap from the top of the bumper to the nose of the bonnet, is the standard bonnet longer than my abflug bonnet?? it fits perfect with my veilside bumper....

i dont want to pull it in any more incase it cracks the fresh paint, and all the holes match up????

new bumper supra.jpg

abflug-replica.jpg

Aftermarket parts fit sh*t, period. Your abflung is falling short and your last bumper was either a really bad fit that hid the gap or it might have been pulled up more, or it was extended.

Your new bumper shoud be where it should be. You need to extend either the bonnet or more easier the bumper.

You always get a slight gab i believe where you can see the rubber seal but its normally more around half an inch, which new part are you fitting a bonnet or bumper?

the bonnet was already fitted with the veilside bumper and was perfect!! but my new bumper is not the best fit, but its a standard bumper thats been modified so surely it should be spot on!! i can see the 5 plastic screws in between the gap.... :(