The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had a bad day

Guest DEREHAM SUPRA

Guest DEREHAM SUPRA

6.00am get a phone call from the wife, she was driving thru some flood water where our estate joins the A47 and some p*ick in a 4+4 came bombing the other way and completely swamped her, just heard this morning that the engines totally f*cked. So if anyone know`s where i can get a recon engine for a mint black fiesta zetec-s i`d be greatful, then ontop of that i`m going back to our shop to pick my wife up, overtaking a lorry on the A47 at 80mph the back end gives a little wobble and just goes, got the car under control and managed to get over to the grass verge and pull up, take a look at the rear tyres and the near-side inner wall has come completely away from the tread, these are two week old dunlop sp sport 9000, AA won`t recover me as i`m on a " live carriageway" so had to pay for a local guy to come out, now awaiting for a new tyre. see thr top 3 pictures of the result.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/DEREHAMSUPRA/

Surprised at the tyre tbh!!:( I have these on the rear and they are absolutely superb, although I have never twatted a grass verge with one....;)

What width are your wheels against your tyres? Sonds like they have deflated as a result of a knock and then disintegrated!!:blink:

H.

Guest DEREHAM SUPRA

The fiesta has two bent conrods but can get a ford recon engine for £1100, tyre suppliers have just sent the wrong tyre for mine 255/45/r17 instead of 255/40/r17 now got to wait until this afternoon for the right one, i`ve never hit anything with the front or rear tyres specially the inner wall, once the tyres replaced will take the damaged one back to the company who supplied and fitted the back ones originally.