The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FAO - anyone with non standard number plates

SMiFFAD

After three cars, and four years of running about on a small front plate without the slightest bit of interest from the police.... Ive been pulled twice in the last three days for my supra one :rolleyes:

It would seem with all these new fangled number plate recognition systems going up everywhere they are clamping down on the size of plates - so now might be a good time to go back to the bill board proportioned ones :innocent:

Just like to point out i am in no way knocking the police for this, im well aware and always have been that it was illegal (its just they didnt seem to care), and they were pleasent enough people and just told me to change it :cool:

Also, if you run import legal plates, print the page off the dvla website detailing the specs, as your average police man has NO IDEA about them.

Conversation on the first stop:

me - "yes its an import so i can legally have a slighty smaller plate" (refering to my normal one not the piss take small one)

PC - "no you cant, its one rule for all, whats the address of this website you read that on?"

me "got a pen?"

pc - "yes"

me - "www."

pc - "yes"

me - "D V L A"

pc - "oh..."

:D

Conversation on the first stop:

me - "yes its an import so i can legally have a slighty smaller plate" (refering to my normal one not the piss take small one)

PC - "no you cant, its one rule for all, whats the address of this website you read that on?"

me "got a pen?"

pc - "yes"

me - "www."

pc - "yes"

me - "D V L A"

pc - "oh..."

:D

Excellent:d

Are you saying imported Supras can't accommodate a standard sized number plate?

Also, is it accomodate or accommodate? Firefox seems to think the later, DVLA the former.

Depends how technical you want to get, TECHNICALLY my plate holder wont fit a full sized plate on it..... cos it s ajap sized one :innocent: