The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pissed off this morning.......

Suprash

Well, opened the mail this morning to find my renewal from Sky, last year I paid £1100, which I still think is high considering Im 30 with 9 NCB.

Anyway the renawal quote was £2900, what a joke, so I jumps on the phone to Sky to ask them whats going on. They say this is the best quote they can do, taking into the account the car, the type of car it is and the risk. I had an accident earlier on in the year, and as yet no 3rd party has come forward to make a claim against me, but they say by law they have to keep the incident open for 24 months to allow any 3rd party claims against me. So I asked if that might be the reason why my quote is high, they said no because no 3rd party has come forward to claim against me, thats just the best they can do. She said I could phone my insurance company to enquire (Ensign), but excuse me, isnt that what they are they for, the're the broker, it makes me laugh they are quick enough to act like the insurer when you first phone them, themselves phonning the insurance companies and sorting stuff out, but as soon as they have your money, its well you can phone them if you want to discuss it further........

So basically I told them what I thought of them, that Sky were quick enough to jump on the back of the mkivsupra.net band wagon when it meant sales, but since then from what I can see their service has serverally degraded.

And when I enquired about their agreed value, she basically told me I should be gratefull that Im a existing policy holder as we all know they have now said they wont agree a value to new policy holders and that they havent got to keep the service going for existing ones even, they could withdraw it all together, and on that note I said well its one more customer you have wont have to worry about offering the agreed value for, cause Im off......

Sky have seriously turned into a bunch of cowboys and I propose the club seriously looks into their services to see if they are actually offering the club anything anymore.

And to finish could anyone suggest some insurance companies that seem competative for J-Specs, with mods, and that possiby do agreed values. Im havent had to shop around now for a couple of years due to being loyal to Sky, even when their premiums are a little high, well that got me far didnt it........:(

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so so much money.

I'm 24 paying £750 fully comp. Protected no claims and excess protection etc etc.

My mate works in insurance.

If you want his number I'm sure he will beat any quote elsewhere. :)

Please mate, if you could get him to give me a buzz, my arse is hurting from being constantly fooked over and the lube is running dry, fecking insurane companies hey......., get to give us a call ;)

WSB2, yes its still open, I asked why as so far no 3rd party has come forward, Im pretty sure no one is going to come forward now, but they said they have to leave it open for 24 months by law.

Guest Nicholas
Please mate, if you could get him to give me a buzz, my arse is hurting from being constantly fooked over and the lube is running dry, fecking insurane companies hey......., get to give us a call ;)

WSB2, yes its still open, I asked why as so far no 3rd party has come forward, Im pretty sure no one is going to come forward now, but they said they have to leave it open for 24 months by law.

It's not a good idea to list your mobile number mate some people might be bored at work and take advantage with prank calls :rolleyes:

It's not a good idea to list your mobile number mate some people might be bored at work and take advantage with prank calls :rolleyes:

Is that admintance, lol, seems somoene already has, but I would thought eveyone around here would be ok, but obviously someone is bored as they just called up in a stupid voice and left a voicemail like this "ha, ha, ha, ha, no insurance for you from Sky", I mean WTF, people need to sort their lives out.....;)

And do you want to remove it from your quote then please.....

sky is bollocks, i tried gettin insured n they told me thay are cutting down on insuring supra's because of all the claims that are going thru!!

im 22 and payin a stupid £1300 on a n/a but when i was first started looking at quotes i got quoted the same on TT, pi**ed me right off coz i couldnt afford one at the time, i atleast thought it would be cheaper to insure the n/a than the TT but fook no.. got shafted same quote!!:spank:

Guest Nicholas
Is that admintance, lol, seems somoene already has, but I would thought eveyone around here would be ok, but obviously someone is bored as they just called up in a stupid voice and left a voicemail like this "ha, ha, ha, ha, no insurance for you from Sky", I mean WTF, people need to sort their lives out.....;)

And do you want to remove it from your quote then please.....

:D

Got quoted better with a plan for the supe earlier this year by about 200 pounds but had already renewed with sky who said they would charge me to cancel. I pointed out that as the clubs insurer it should be the best price. I just put it down as something to learn by. But monday I received the new quote for my fiesta 1.1 on the mirror policy and it came in at £391 when last year it was £251!!!!. After a phone call she got it down to £251 again but I had already got a quote elsewhere for £208. What would you do?

I think it has something to do with the increased risk of under 30's on the Supra (there was another thread about it).

£2900 is a real pisstake though. I paid £2500 the first year i had my supra 5 years ago at 22 years old :D

I think as the price of Supras has fallen the age of owners has too and unfortunately the younger drivers tend to crash more and so the price of insurance is going to rise as the supra becomes a higher risk to insure :(

Guest Nicholas

I just called to see what sort of quote they'd give me on a single turbo supra. I'm 25 full NCB no points and they wont insure anyone under the age of 30 on single turbo conversion supra's :taped:

I think it has something to do with the increased risk of under 30's on the Supra (there was another thread about it).

£2900 is a real pisstake though. I paid £2500 the first year i had my supra 5 years ago at 22 years old :D

I think as the price of Supras has fallen the age of owners has too and unfortunately the younger drivers tend to crash more and so the price of insurance is going to rise as the supra becomes a higher risk to insure :(

surely it should come down to if the driver has had any accidents.. iv been driving 5 years with 4 ncb but they still wouldnt insure me!! no wonder there's so many uninsured drivers!!

last year i wanted a golf gti turbo but couldnt get insured on a 150bhp car, so i got a quote for a audi a3 1.8T quattro 180bhp and it wasnt a not a problem!! whats that all about???