The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back seat space

gordy07

Hi supra lovers,i am just about to buy my first supra im tied between two.One's an aerotop manual with mods amd the others a totally standard auto sz.Any advice to which would be better or more reliable(both cars have about 90000mls).Also can you use the back seat to actually take people in(mainly my 3 year old son)cheers:)

ok this is a trickey one, ill explain my configurations that ive managed

2 children on boosters in the back (sub 6 years)

1 adult in front + me driving

1 adult in back (legs across)

2 adults in front

1 baby seat in back (passenger side)

adult in front 14 year old in back + me driving

be aware that the back seats are a bit weird for boosters tho and im still trying to find a booster that fits 100% before i regulary use my car to pick my kids up (i cant see why you need one as the seat is for smaller people anyway but i spose the law is the law)

does it fit nicely, i have some asda specials and they dont fit in the buckets properly

if you are talking about booster seats for kiddies from 2-6 year old i have a Maxi Cosi Rodi and it fits a treat mate ;)

we regulary have 4 in mine, my 10month old in a front facing seat and my 2 year old in her booster seat, my wofe driving (i know.. but at 6 foot 2" i cant drive with the kids behind me as i'd be chewing on my knee!) and me in the passenger side!

not the most comfortable driving positions but we're all in there...oh yeah as well as 2 buggies in the boot next to the 12" sub...'appy days! :D

• 5 months later...

so glad i found this thread.. we only bought our supra 2 days ago and got home thinking we'd made big mistake.. we have a 10wk baby looks more like 4months tho little porker! but his seat doesnt quite fit in the back maybe its slighlty bigger than others.... is there a particular make thats best when we get forward facing seat? any reccomendations?... has anyone else had problems with rear facing ones in the back?:D