The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lots of Japan car Scams going on Be Aware

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

got this email 5 mins ago and i have had them before..

Greetings

This supra was yours? http://www.jm -imports.co.uk/cars_forsale_whitet51rkai96.htm.

Two months ago, I bought this supra to Mr. Hiroshi, from Mamiana Trading http://www18.ocn.ne.jp/~mamiana/toyota-suprajza80fullmodifiedt51r-aic hi-photos.html

and I don´t know any. Can you help me?

Thank you.

ABOVE IS EMAIL I GOT AND BELOW IS ME EXPLAINING LOL.

This car landed in uk last month and was sold by me JM-IMPORTS.

so again be very wary of some japan deals, also the prices of the cars is also misleading which is tempting a lot of buyers...worlwide.

this is happening a lot recently and i can say i know of 12 people who have been conned.. £80,000 (a lot of money)..

they are taking risks because it looks easy or others do it...(its not easy you need contcats in japan and also a lot of cars need certain bits doing and if you dont know what your buying you will lose money if the car does turn up)...

some companies in japan will scam you if your not a trade buyer and after 10-12 weeks waiting there is nothing you can do about it...

its not worth the risk..

i know someone on here who has fell for it and ask me to keep quiet about it....

YOUS HAVE TO TRUST GENUINE IMPORTERS LIKE OURSELFS..

I can believe it... the world is not a friendly place.

When I bought a car direct import from Japan I bought it from Jurgen because I know where he lives ;)

Sendling 10k through the telephone wires to someone you don't know, or have no recommendation of is, I think, a bit foolish.

:yeahthat:

I had mine imported a few months ago and before I parted with any money, i met with the importers and also people who had bought cars from them to make sure they were the real deal.

They were, and done a great job importing my car and dealing with the local DVLA.

I definitely wouldnt send moeny for a car to someone who I have only ever spoken to on the phone....

It's also a cunning way to divert buyers to you rather than looking at alternative importers.

;)

here is some GENUINE EVIDENCE for you michael of the car in uk at envy yard and in our unit....(i know you like playing up on forum but to the unaware guy who reads this, he might take your comments on board and think am a scammer)

and here is the emails from the guy who got scammed..

i feel its a good thing to post on here as it involves one of my cars....(things like this also help my business)..

i could of done a thread like this a long time ago but the other scams thats been done did not involve any of my stock..

so i feel i should.

1111.jpg

222222.jpg

333333.jpg

marcoemail.JPG

marcoemail2.JPG

You have got to feel sorry for everyone involved except the tw&t in Japan thats laughing all the way to the bank. The bloke genuinely believes he has bought a car which has already been sold.

Mind you he should have done alot more research before commiting large sums of money, How log did it take you to find the info on google? even a couple of days research is worth it if it protects your wallet!

Nice car by the way Jurgen.

You have got to feel sorry for everyone involved except the tw&t in Japan thats laughing all the way to the bank. The bloke genuinely believes he has bought a car which has already been sold.

Mind you he should have done alot more research before commiting large sums of money, How log did it take you to find the info on google? even a couple of days research is worth it if it protects your wallet!

Nice car by the way Jurgen.

took me 5 mins to find info...

It's easy to detect cons by their websites, real traders have real & traceable websites ending e.g. carimports.co.jp, they will be able to provide lots of photos of the cars and detectable land-line phone numbers.

Scammers never use genuine emails, they will have something similar to yahoo or hotmail.

I decided to import my Supra on my own because I was getting crazy prices for them in the UK. I know there's a lot of hassle with it but in the end I will save some real cash.

My advice to people is to look for lots of information about the foreign traders, and always get someone who bought from that same dealer in UK. If they are genuine they will have no problems in providing this information.

If you want a quick, free of hassle purchase use importers, they will do all the dirty work on your behalf.

Hope this benefits someone.

It's easy to detect cons by their websites, real traders have real & traceable websites ending e.g. carimports.co.jp, they will be able to provide lots of photos of the cars and detectable land-line phone numbers.

Scammers never use genuine emails, they will have something similar to yahoo or hotmail.

I decided to import my Supra on my own because I was getting crazy prices for them in the UK. I know there's a lot of hassle with it but in the end I will save some real cash.

My advice to people is to look for lots of information about the foreign traders, and always get someone who bought from that same dealer in UK. If they are genuine they will have no problems in providing this information.

If you want a quick, free of hassle purchase use importers, they will do all the dirty work on your behalf.

Hope this benefits someone.

did you pay japan direct for this car.. or using a uk importer ?

If hes using "your stock" get all your pictures water marked before you put them on your site with you web address plasted right across the picture?, at least the goon wont try and sell your cars then and it wont come back down on you in some way?

Its a start!

Or am i talking bollocks?