The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clio 197

DannyB

Right well one of my mates is truely being a bellend and is telling me that when his Girlfriend gets her new car (clio 197) that itll keep up with and maybe beat my car in a dual.

Load of tosh id say, im sure they will handle well but surely the Supra will be alot better off then that little french shite box?

Really has touched a nerve here!

I said shut up and ill see you at The Ring next year.

TT 6 speed by the way

Is that the new technical speak? to pointlessly swear for no reason when describing something.

And a 197 would have no chance.

sorry about that.

i have been in a mood all day after speaking to the dvla about my tax, i have waited 2 weeks but they forgot to tell me the tax is going to the previous owner as thats whos name was on the reminder and not to the registered keeper me

If it's traffic light grad-prix then there may not be a lot in it if you have a stock TT, if you're below 50mph.

If it's on an A or B road then it will be game over for the Clio, at almost any speed. The auto's (and to some respect, the manuals) will suffer at the very low speeds due to the high gearing - they are geared for a theoretical 200mph in top gear

....well 198mph in the 6spd, 212mph in the jspec auto.

If it's traffic light grad-prix then there may not be a lot in it if you have a stock TT, if you're below 50mph.

If it's on an A or B road then it will be game over for the Clio, at almost any speed. The auto's (and to some respect, the manuals) will suffer at the very low speeds due to the high gearing - they are geared for a theoretical 200mph in top gear

....well 198mph in the 6spd, 212mph in the jspec auto.

Wy is the manual geared for a top speed of 198 but an auto 212, how many gears does the auto box use......?