The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How would a MKIV look in this colour?

Chris Wilson

I am helping a customer decide what colour to paint a Supra shell, I think the below would be subtle and different, (Nissan 350Z Brickyard Red, more a black cherry colour in my eyes...). Car will have no body kit or spoiler, and tasteful dark gold TE whasit Volks rims.

http://www.gatesgarth.com/volvo1.jpg

http://www.gatesgarth.com/volvo2.jpg

Guest Nicholas
It's a BMW individual colour, can't remember the exact name. I'm still counting the pennies and may go for it once i've recovered from the single conversion :)

BMW Ultraviolet purple by chance?

For sale is my 1980 Volvo 242 Turbo. I have owned the car since 2002 and it was my daily driver up through fall of 2005. At that point I bought a truck and it became my fun weekend car. I am selling the car because I have not had time to enjoy it and my attention has been elsewhere. Most everything on the car has been replaced with new or rebuilt parts.

Engine:

Rebuilt B21ft and 398 cylinder head (est. 20,000 miles) running on LH 2.1

(The car has been turbo and running LH since 2000 with no issues)

Enem v15 cam

Ipd adjustable cam gear

T3 turbo with .63 A/R exhaust

3 inch downpipe with full 3 inch exhaust magnaflow muffler

3 inch high flow cat

K&N Air filter

Magnecore 8.5mm wires

Electric fan mounted in 740 fan shroud

Transmission:

Vintage Performance t-5 transmission swap including 9 lb aluminum flywheel and clutchnet clutch and pressure plate. (est 3,000 miles)

Rebuilt Ford T-5 transmission (est 3,000 miles)

Pro 5.0 short shifter (nicest short shifter ive ever tried!)

One piece custom driveshaft

Rear End:

Rebuilt OEM Volvo 3.73 LSD

Brakes:

ATE Slotted rotors in Front w/ upgraded pads

Suspension:

Coilovers in front w/ 400 lb springs ( I have the rears, but never installed them)

IPD lowering springs in rear w/ koni red adjustables.

Poly bushings all around

New power steering rack

All front suspension pieces (ball joints, tie rod ends ect) replaced within past few years

IPD 25mm sways front and rear

IPD Front Strut tower brace

Wheels:

Virgo 15x6 wheels with 225/50/15 Yokohoma ADVAN 032R tires (the grip is awesome, but they wear fast)

Interior:

Corbeau GTS-2 seats in great shape, but starting to fade on top from sun

Late model 240 dark grey back seat

Refinished black panels and nice carpet

MOMO steering wheel, it’s a smaller model 305mm I think…

Blaupunkt CD player

Shift light mounted in drivers vent ( you cant see it until it goes off)

Headliner removed and roof stripped and sprayed with bedliner.

Sound deadening has been removed from the floor.

Body:

Painted in the fall of 2003, Nissan 350z Brickyard Red (looks like black cherry)

Painted small plastic bumpers

Painted 86+ rear skirt

Painted SAAB 9000 spoiler

European 5 panel tail lights

European H4 square headlights

European Fog lights (New old stock, bought them in 2005)

I weighed the car with myself (190 lbs) and ¼ tank of gas, and it weighed 2910 lbs.

Nothing is needed to enjoy this car, it is fully driveable anywhere in the country. I drove up to Carlisle, PA this past May for their annual show with no problems. As would be expected, there are minor imperfections here and there since the car is 27 years old. The body and paint look great, only a few rock chips. There is a small rust spot in the drivers rear quarter. It was not there when the car was painted in 2003. It does not enter the trunk, but goes to the inner fender. The underbody is very clean with the exception of one split in the drivers floor panel. It was there when I got the car in 2002 and I applied POR15 to it, and it hasn’t gotten any worse since then. The window trim was sprayed black (originally chrome) and is chipping. Some rust was removed before the car was painted on the ledge where the bumper meets the trunk. The ledge is uneven, but has no rust on it anymore. I was going to put late model style trim on it, but never got around to it. The windshield trim is separated from a few of the clips. I had planned to do a 90+ windshield install if I kept the car. The only other thing it needs is to have the stock speedo cable spliced into the ford cable to make the speedometer work. It is pretty simple and there is info on the board about it.

Some of you may recognize this car as I posted occasionally over the past 5 years. I did have a t3/t4 setup on this engine for a while, but the manifold ( modified SSAC) fell apart and I just returned it to a stock setup. With the t3/t4, I dynoed 285 hp at the wheels last January with nice AFR’s. The engine and trans are very strong and I built everything assuming I would keep it forever. The T5 transmission is awesome and I would recommend it to everyone. It really changed the feel of the car. I wish I had time and space to keep it, but times have changed and I hope to pass it on to a fellow turbobrick member who will enjoy it.

PRICE: $5,000

Some pictures from today: