The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Christmas Mids Meet

Pete

Which date for the Mids Christmas Meet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which date for the Mids Christmas Meet

• Saturday 1st December http://www.freeclipartpics.com/images/santa.gif
    • Saturday 15th December http://www.freeclipartpics.com/images/christmas05.gif

Please see Lindas post for details of paying deposit - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1649667&postcount=71

Chatting with Burna and Trick last weekend and we got around to discussing the Xmas meet this year.

I suggested we make it somewhere a little more central for everyone to get to from the Midlands and came up with the Spread Eagle at Gailey. Nice big car park, plenty of room, consistent food quality.

Easily accessible via M54, M6, M6 Toll, A5 etc

Who is up for this? If we can get some numbers then I'll look at booking.

15th December - Linda (Turbonut) is dealing with the booking until Pete returns from Holiday.

[steveR UPDATE: If you're paid up, please now go and choose your menu options and post them up on this thread. Ta!]

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete's just phoned me and he's asked me to see if a mod can edit his post as he on his way to China.

Basically the date he posted up is the only date he can't make :rolleyes: What a muppet :D Can a mod just remove that line please?

So which other Saturday do we all wan't?

Just a thought, if anyone doesnt want to drive back, theres a Premier Travel Inn just down the A449 less than 5 miles away. You can leave your supra there and cadge a lift up to the spread eagle - I dont drink so can cram a few peeps into the beast ;) though you'll have to provide sick bags on the way back otherwise you'll be walking :D

Its next to the Moseley Park which actually do the same food as the spread eagle, linky:

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=24019

Lxx

I was there eating yesterday, just to test it out you understand ;) They can do parties of a minimum of 6, £13.99 for the crimbo menu:

Starters options

Spicy parsnip soup

Chicken, bacon and port pate

Smoked haddock & spring onion parcel

Creamy mushrooms in Marstons and Stilto sauce

-------

Mains options:

Roast Turkey

Beef with port and mushrooms

Salmon with watercress and champagne parcel

Roast duckbreat with chilli and orange

Winter vegetable Crumble

--------

puds (all for me please :eyebrows:)

Christmas pud

Mincemeat cranberry and fig pudding

Irish Cream cheesecake

Raspberry and passion fruit mousse

----------

PS personal disclaimer on all rong spelinks :p

Available from 19th November until 5th Jan 08. They need a deposit of £6 per head by 9th December. As I'm just down the road I can drop the money in if we can work out a way of collecting it together!!!

Linda

xx

I was there eating yesterday, just to test it out you understand ;) They can do parties of a minimum of 6, £13.99 for the crimbo menu:

Starters options

Spicy parsnip soup

Chicken, bacon and port pate

Smoked haddock & spring onion parcel

Creamy mushrooms in Marstons and Stilto sauce

-------

Mains options:

Roast Turkey

Beef with port and mushrooms

Salmon with watercress and champagne parcel

Roast duckbreat with chilli and orange

Winter vegetable Crumble

--------

puds (all for me please :eyebrows:)

Christmas pud

Mincemeat cranberry and fig pudding

Irish Cream cheesecake

Raspberry and passion fruit mousse

----------

PS personal disclaimer on all rong spelinks :p

Available from 19th November until 5th Jan 08. They need a deposit of £6 per head by 9th December. As I'm just down the road I can drop the money in if we can work out a way of collecting it together!!!

Linda

xx

Count me in Linda :) Do you have a paypal account or something? Cheque?

OK, quick update. Have phoned them, both 1st and 15th very busy in the evening, would need to eat at 6:30 either of days and need booking soon as availability going. However.....

Lunchtimes are still relatively unbooked, bookings start at 11:30 through to evening.

Wotcha think chaps/chapesses??

L

x