The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Many thanks Ryan.g

lockys96

Cant fault the guy for effort, patience and value for money.

Ryan your a top lad,

firstly, the car has been sitting at toyotagt for a while, which is a good thing!

after i decided, that i better not drive the car on the f-con for too long, as i didnt know what it was set up for, and most likely on race fuel.

i decided to go for the link ecu, and planned to meet ryan to get it set up, however, before i decided to get my car fully checked, which i came of great news, as the company 3s service centre was only 45mins up the road from me,

after speaking to james at 3s through email, we agreed that i could drop my car to them, for a service while i go on holiday.

i finished early one morning, and asked james if i could pop down same day, to have my car checked over, as it had problems with boosting only 0.6bar, james stopped all other work when i arrived and spent around 4 hrs with me that day, fault checking, compression testing etc.

the car wasnt idling very well, on running very good, so the decision was made to leave the Phoenix in the hands of god,

however the fault wasnt found that day, and they continued looking for it

until a great big hole was found in the intercooler,

i hoped this was all that was wrong with the car

on thursday ryan met with james, to drive the car and map while i was at work,

4 hours spent, and only 20% of the map was completed.

james had stopped work in the work shop to drive the car for me, while ryan mapped the car,

however i was glad the next day that i wouldnt have to be called out for work, so meant i could spend time at toyotgt driving the car, while ryan mapped it,

have a few issues with cold starting the car still, due to low compression when cold, with the 2.2 stroker, cams and 1000cc injectors!!!

had problems with the blitz boost controller, not controlling boost.

boost was spiking to 2bar.

after this was bypassed to run through wastegate pressure, it felt amazing. the injectors 1000cc were 70% maxed out at 1bar!!

ryan only planed on staying a couple of hours today, and planned to leave at 2pm, he left at 4.20pm determined to get the boost dial installed. we managed to get it wired up, but didnt seem to work when we took it out before leaving.

I have arranged to meet up with ryan at surrey rolling road on tuesday, to get the rest of the map done, and find out whats she really running.

all this extra time ryan put in, ryan still didnt want extra money, apart from fuel costs, as he is a real motorhead and loves to work on high performance cars,

the car is running really well, almost stock apart from the clutch, and when the boost kicks in at 4.5k revvs, all hell brakes loose, and seems to keep wanting to revv, and it keeps pushing you back wanting more, although the revv range is set to 8k at the mo.

Many thanks for today Ryan, look forward to seeing you on tuesday.

and big thanks to james and the lads at 3s service centre, for putting up with the so called 'phone jacker'

and for keeping my car in a safe, secured place, whilst this work is being carried out, and when im on holiday

Many thanks for today Ryan, look forward to seeing you on tuesday.

Hi *Phone jacker* :p (if simon has your number you will know what i mean :D )

Just to add a fews things to what simon said basically the car does not come with any idle control valve fitted so on a cold start its hard to get it to idle well but after an hour i got it a good as its going to get. Now simon does not have to sit with foot on gas till warms up. I am currently looking for as small ICV now.

ryan only planed on staying a couple of hours today, and planned to leave at 2pm, he left at 4.20pm determined to get the new map sensor installed. we managed to get it wired up, but didnt seem to work when we took it out before leaving.

My little nephew is not happy with you :D also it wasn't the map sensor silly it was just the pot switch for controlling the boost. The new boost control valve works fine tho. I will just swap the volume pot on tueday and jobs a gooden.

Cant wait to tuesday tho gunna be a animal. Might be the fastest car i have ever been in when finished as we need to check on road after dyno just hope you can keep the throttle 100% :p

Ryan

Hi *Phone jacker* :p (if simon has your number you will know what i mean :D )

Just to add a fews things to what simon said basically the car does not come with any idle control valve fitted so on a cold start its hard to get it to idle well but after an hour i got it a good as its going to get. Now simon does not have to sit with foot on gas till warms up. I am currently looking for as small ICV now.

My little nephew is not happy with you :D also it wasn't the map sensor silly it was just the pot switch for controlling the boost. The new boost control valve works fine tho. I will just swap the volume pot on tueday and jobs a gooden.

Cant wait to tuesday tho gunna be a animal. Might be the fastest car i have ever been in when finished as we need to check on road after dyno just hope you can keep the throttle 100% :p

Ryan

silly!!! sorry im confused what you were wiring in:p

as for throttle, there is you saying full throttle when in 4th gear and the car in front is one second a bean, the next a bus.

star wars here we come.

give me some respect with this amount of power, and so called twitchy cars, and 3weeks ownership.:D

and i wont go by the name of phone jacker!:rolleyes: