The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Performance

NeoFuture

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks, i think if i did do anything it would be a transplant or a NA-T i kinda grown attached to this aero :D ive only just bought it

A TT conversion is far more cost effective if you are aiming for less than 420flywheel hp

If you want more then budget 3 times your current one for a decent NA-T conversion.

IMO, get a TT to begin with. Unless your NA is a very late model facelift, it's not worth converting.

so that would be about 325rwhp ?

If you're doing a full transplant (the NA g/box, prop and axle is no good) a real BPU auto should be making around that power figure.

If it's a 6spd, then it'll be a bit more, in my example runing 1.25bar and maxed injectors it made 360rwhp. It was very rapid to say the least :D

I liked the aero i just bought, agreed the sale, i have some future funds coming through which were unforseen when i bought my car and now i have room for movement

i didnt have the most probable £2k to spend when i bought it, to sell now and look for another car would be a pain to do.

I liked the aero i just bought, agreed the sale, i have some future funds coming through which were unforseen when i bought my car and now i have room for movement

i didnt have the most probable £2k to spend when i bought it, to sell now and look for another car would be a pain to do.

To be honest fella, I'd consider floging it and getting a later model TT.

You need to consider resale too, a transplanted NA is going to be worth a heck of a lot less than a genuine TT.

so if i like the car

If you do like it and you've just bought it, why the rush to spend money on it?:blink::eyebrows:

and WANT to chuck 5k at it,

That is more than the market value of the original car most likely, spent on something that doesn't add much resale value (and often it hurts it)

im not bothered about resale i have no intentions of selling it

In a couple of years you may think otherwise

What do you want, people here talking you into wasting money on useless 'performance' parts?;)