The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DIY seat covers have arrived

brians25

Hi guys,well my seat covers have arrived now an all that remains is for me to get my car back from the paintshop an get the covers installed, i will post when this is done as i know a lot of you guys are interseted to see how this is gonna turn out, the covers look of good quality an the embriodery on the logo's is spot on, here is a couple of pics of them just out the box

trhth.jpg

ghdrth.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pics are a bit crappy i know gonna take some more an post them , its just a pain downsizing them to 200kb, the material is not as shiny as it looks, thats due to the camera flash,

anyhow, yes these are the ebay ones an they are made from leatherette, feels quite nice an not tacky at all, i will be fitting them in a couple weeks or so when my car comes back from the sprayshop an will post the finished results then,cheers all

mine are fitted and they look sweet!!!!

was told it takes 6hrs to fit.... 6hrs my arse more like 2 days n a few bottles of JD!

i went for black with white stitching, and i couldnt be happier!!!! great value for money with out the labour cost!! fairplay to re-trimmers tho its not an easy job but well worth it in the end...

beware of the drivers seat, i lost my patients a few times!!

hardest part about it is strippin the seats back, getting the thousand metal rings that hold the covers it in tight!

times

Ive done the back seats myself at home and getting the metal clips out can just be a long task but not hard.

Tip for anyone who does it; Simply slice a small line in the foam with a stanley knife to the metal ring, put a pair of long nose pliers in the ring and open them up to spread the metal ring. :) The little cut will have no effect on the padding and you can get the ring out easy.

Ive done the back seats myself at home and getting the metal clips out can just be a long task but not hard.

Tip for anyone who does it; Simply slice a small line in the foam with a stanley knife to the metal ring, put a pair of long nose pliers in the ring and open them up to spread the metal ring. :) The little cut will have no effect on the padding and you can get the ring out easy.

there is no need to do that!! just fold back the old seat covers grip the metal rings with the pliers and twist it till it opens!

here's the only picture i could get on at this time!

toyota leather seats.jpg