The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra vs Focus ST

Metallikev

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys, just been speaking to my mate in the pub and he's convinced his Focus RS will beat a TT Supra, speaking hypothetically of course ;), any of you guys ever had a go with one?, or anyone technical describe which would win?

Cheers

Kev

tell him he is a buffoon of the highest order and then slap your old boy in his pint to teach him for being silly

Yeah thats pretty much what i said, to 70 or 80 it would be close and after that would be no problem, oh and apparently my supra tops out at 145 according to him, cos the gear ratio's dont allow it to go any faster, my response was that that if you remove the speed limiter its good for 180-190 ish but he knows best apparently.

Ahh well it passed an hour or 2 in the pub and amused me lol

When you say hypothetically i assume you mean the supra is being driven by a ten year old!!

i smell bull shi#'t, focus RS is about a second slower to 60. look at the power difference!! He is Front wheel drive so will have traction problems off the line.

Its been proven that a TT is at least good for 160 and im sure alot more. I have been present on private test tracks when the TT has done 165 indicated and still pulling!!

Slap him for me.........

Haha dont worry guys i'll give him a slap for you all later, he did challenge me but i declined saying it was'nt worth the effort or the fuel lol. Maybe one day i'll sort out a track day with him

A little less conversation a little more action!! get him on the roll too for an even bigger embarresment!!!

Sorry guys i mean focus ST, 5 cylinder volvo engine thingy, 220bhp i think. I'm not one for driving like a twat but like i say hypothetically speaking he was on his high horse and it annoyed me a bit lol

Order him to stay on water in future, if yours is a uk manual 6sp like your garage suggests just remind him of this =

0-60 =4.9

Top speed 155 e/limited

326bhp

320 torque

That should sober him up a bit either that or do it the old fashioned way when your both sober of course and on your own private test track lol.

Hi guys here are the correct figures..

Focus ST 0-60 =6.5secs top speed 150 mph (225bhp)

Focus RS 0-60 =6.4secs top speed 144 mph (212bhp)

Autocar tested the focus RS when it first come out and got 0-60 times of 5.9sec

Tests have actually been carried out by mags to find that the ST is marginally faster around a track than the RS this was due to its fantastic chassis and low end torque.

Don't forget an rs or st with a blue fin chip will get around 280 bhp mark...watch out they are quick and get the power down really well!

It not all about bhp....

He aint got it chipped yet so still running 220 odd bhp, if he had it at 280 it would be a good race, power/weight and all that, yeah i got a uk spec tt 6 speed, slowly goin bpu, just got the de-cats on (made a nice difference), fcd next then boost controller then i'll offer him a race on a track day :)

Tests have actually been carried out by mags to find that the ST is marginally faster around a track than the RS this was due to its fantastic chassis and low end torque.

Don't forget an rs or st with a blue fin chip will get around 280 bhp mark...watch out they are quick and get the power down really well!

It not all about bhp....

True, it's a total package, a fwd car with 225bhp and a great big 5cyl engine slung over the front wheels with 160bhp/ton can only do so much against a 210bhp/ton car with a better chassis balance and rwd. I've been on a trackday with an ST and I only saw him when I was lapping him.

True, it's a total package, a fwd car with 225bhp and a great big 5cyl engine slung over the front wheels with 160bhp/ton can only do so much against a 210bhp/ton car with a better chassis balance and rwd. I've been on a trackday with an ST and I only saw him when I was lapping him.

:rlol::clap:

It not all about bhp....

Nope, they're not that quick with the bluefin (who trusts superchips figures anyway) and even if they did manage 280bhp they have serious Torque steer issues at 220bhp.