The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What does this do?

SupraGirlie

Dont eat chips in your car then you wont need it ;)

Haha yeah your right, I think I must of dropped some and now it really smells in there!!

Its wayy too small to be anything to do with sat nav lol and I don't think it connects to anything, I'm sure the aerial is to with the engine start, the whole thing is weird anyway, I got a fob with the car that does nothing but the engine start and no alarm!

Guest gzaerojon

ok i think i've got it...

i can see a mic and that silver bit projects the words on the screen.

it's a karaoke machine, those crazy japs :D

It looks like a red button detector.

:D

probably something really important like a solar powered air freshne

I've been here too long, that doesn't sound strange at all. You get plug in air fresheners for the house, so why not have a solar powered one in the car?;)

Take it off and read what it says on the bottom. Its probably a newer version of that auto toll thing thay have over there.

ETC? None of the one's I've seen have panels like that, they're all like slim radar detectors and the new ones are tiny.

Clifford remote start has a small aerial place in front window to pick up transmissions from key fob telling car to try and start.

Could it be some Jap style remote start, where a very small man appears from under dash board to start car for you? :) :)

Yeah I had a clifford with remote start on a previous car, I think I'm going to get another and just have whatever is there now all ripped out, I may just leave it be for now!! The screen thing really does seem pointless, I know the aerial is for the remote start, it's big for a reason too, it starts from twice the distance my clifford did!!

Clifford remote start has a small aerial place in front window to pick up transmissions from key fob telling car to try and start.

Could it be some Jap style remote start, where a very small man appears from under dash board to start car for you? :) :)

no they dont, thats an remote extender on clifords, just so you get longer range on whatever the function. and could it be some kind of bluetooth handsfree? try a bluetooth search with ignition on from your mobile

also, is your aircon sunlight sensor been removed or is it hidden?

no they dont, thats an remote extender on clifords, just so you get longer range on whatever the function. and could it be some kind of bluetooth handsfree? try a bluetooth search with ignition on from your mobile

So what is the 'remote extender' doing then if it isn't receiving a signal?

Doesn't the remote (fob) send the signal to start the car?