The mkiv Supra Owners Club

REAL billet aluminum TRD rings, 5 piece set.. Group buy is on!!! Only at MVP!

cowboy bebop

You wanted the best, you got the best! :) You guys asked for it, you guys get it. On the heels of the very successful facelift rings, we're proud to offer the prefacelift group buy. Here's the chance to combine the look of the TRD gauge rings with the ultra high quality of T6 6061 billet aluminum is a VERY impressive 5 piece kit. The kit includes:

(3) gauge cluster rings (PRE facelift spec)

(2) AC panel rings

Check out these pics!

This is a limited run, so the more people signed up, the faster these will get produced. We won't be able to seperate the sets, meaning that the sets have to be produced in sets of 5 and not just the large 3 rings.

The GB price for these is a very attractive 73GBP ($149.00 USD).

The sign up sheet is below:

1. Sparkyspar

2. JeffR

3. Golddigga

1000 :)

A commitment will be required for these since, well, we all know what happens with group buys. Feel free to call Dusty, Kevin, Jason, Robert, and the gang to reserve your set at 940-683-8282, and 940-683-3553, or please reserve your set at the link below (3rd set down):

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=4361

Get rid of those Cracker Jack TRD plastic rings!!

Thanks guys,

Eric

This is a limited run, so the more people signed up, the faster these will get produced. We won't be able to seperate the sets, meaning that the sets have to be produced in sets of 5 and not just the large 3 rings.

The GB price for these is a very attractive 73GBP ($149.00 USD).

The sign up sheet is below:

1.me first sparkyspar :/}

Dusty won't charge your card for the shipping until the rings are ready to go. The shipping charge will be split between everyone involved, and on the facelift rings it worked out to be very affordable. I'll alert Dusty to this thread also, so he can explain more about how it'll work.

Thanks again!

Eric

I'm confused - doesn't take alot! - on the link they sell the 3 rings seperately? :blink:

Also, how do these fit?

Those are the cast aluminum/magnesium "bling bling" rings. Those are good, no doubt about it, however they are a bit thicker than the TRD rings. These billet rings are as close as it comes to the TRD rings, and are real billet aluminum. :)

Thanks again!

Eric

if you only want the 3 rings Whifibiz do them

According to Paul's site, he carries the TRD rings. The TRD rings are made from plastic and have a tendency to dull over time. They turn a nasty yellow.

The rings that we're offering however are produced from billet T6 6061 aluminum. They're hand formed to the gauge face before shipment for perfect fit. They're never dull out like the plastic TRD's will, although they look and function exactly like the TRD rings. Basically I feel that these rings are what TRD should have released in the first place.

Thanks man,

Eric

According to Paul's site, he carries the TRD rings. The TRD rings are made from plastic and have a tendency to dull over time. They turn a nasty yellow.

The rings that we're offering however are produced from billet T6 6061 aluminum. They're hand formed to the gauge face before shipment for perfect fit. They're never dull out like the plastic TRD's will, although they look and function exactly like the TRD rings. Basically I feel that these rings are what TRD should have released in the first place.

Thanks man,

Eric

i see said the blind man, i thought the other rings were metal aswell, my bad.

i see said the blind man, i thought the other rings were metal aswell, my bad.

The main ones are metal on the facelift, the smaller rings are plastic (fuel gauge/turbo/water temp). However these just cover the faces of the rings, depends what you're after.

I may be interested in splitting a set as I bought the air con rings in the last MVP sale.

How would you suggest splitting the cost?

I'd say £13.60 for the small ones, which makes the large ones £59.40 (73-13.60). Compared to the last group buy of £66 for the main rings this gives those guys a 10% saving...

Then split postage accordingly, I reckon 1 small one is about 1/3 the size of a large one, which makes the total split 22% of postage for the small ones and 78% for the large ones.

If anyone wants the large ones let me know as I'm after the small ones.

how much do you think the postage would be?

and what's the weight of the large rings vs the small rings (trying to work out split of postage costs)

It would depend on how many UK folks are in on it so we can split postage, but the weight of the aluminum rings is very small. The the small rings might be a gram or less a piece, and the large might be two grams.

Thanks agian!

Eric

Hi,

I have now ordered a set through the website.

Added the following message -

I am buying these as part of the Group Buy on http://www.mkivsupra.net

My username on the forum is Golddigga I haven't changed the delivery method - Don't know if that is right or not? - many thanks,

Chris

Hope this is ok,

Thanks

Hi Chris,

That'll work just fine, I've let Dusty know about it and he's on board.

Thanks again!

Eric

The main ones are metal on the facelift, the smaller rings are plastic (fuel gauge/turbo/water temp). However these just cover the faces of the rings, depends what you're after.

I don't know about the TRD facelift, but genereally TRD rings are made from a chromed plastic. They glued onto the gauge face and unfortunetely begin to yellow over time.

Thanks again,

Eric