The mkiv Supra Owners Club

do you always consider resale value when buying stuff for it

miko_supra

Does resail value hold you back on what you do to your car.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Does resail value hold you back on what you do to your car.

• Yes, i'd rather invest my money into something that will make money
    • Nah screw it, spend the lot and worry about all the money you lose later
    • Neither, my Girlfriend/wife decides

I haven't even got one yet (but I do have a shopping list of modifications already) but I don't buy cars to sell them on - I buy them to enjoy them.

To be honest 99% of cars will depreciate with age, regardless of what you do to it. So why fight it??? :D

I never want to get rid of mine. I may change things like side skirts at some point or change my bumper. But I buy because I like then if/when I change something I might even keep hold of it just incase. If not just get what I can to help further funding.

She's pretty much stock so I've not really had to worry but I must say there were more 'sensible' purchases I could have made when I bought her. At the end of the day your not really gonna make any money on your purchase, just enjoy the Supra for what it is, pure unadulterated enjoyment.

Its the same when buying parts, I'd say buy them cause you like them, they improve the car in your opinion and make driving it even more enjoyable for you.

yeah i always had the resale value in mind when i started, anyone want to buy it, £48,138,32p:rolleyes::D

I dont want to add my supradiction up as i think i'd be close to yours if not more :cry: but im into 11 yrs of owning these great creat cars now so its only about £5k a year :D