The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone recently renewed with sky? Agreed Valuation?

Rayman

Sky now require 4 colour photo's, MOT cert, receipts for modifications for their agreed valuation.

Anyone recently renewed with agreed valuation, what did you send for the receipts part? I dont have all receipts for all my mods. Some mods are on my car from Japan, and i bought pretty much all the rest second hand etc?

Can anyone help, prehaps Sky if they are reading this?

Sky now require 4 colour photo's, MOT cert, receipts for modifications for their agreed valuation.

Anyone recently renewed with agreed valuation, what did you send for the receipts part? I dont have all receipts for all my mods. Some mods are on my car from Japan, and i bought pretty much all the rest second hand etc?

I recently renewed with SKY with agreed valuation. Last year I insured my 1993 totally stock RZ with 23,000miles and had an agreed valuation of £7000. Over the course of the year I put in OEM leather front seats, glass headlamps, 3x HID kit, facelift front indicators. I didn't supply any receipts (just the photos) and tried to up the agreed value to £7500 (mileage now @ 36,000). The documentation came back with a new agreed value of £6950. I can see the argument either way for the price, I just haven't been bothered to try and get them to up it a bit again.

I recently renewed with SKY with agreed valuation. Last year I insured my 1993 totally stock RZ with 23,000miles and had an agreed valuation of £7000. Over the course of the year I put in OEM leather front seats, glass headlamps, 3x HID kit, facelift front indicators. I didn't supply any receipts (just the photos) and tried to up the agreed value to £7500 (mileage now @ 36,000). The documentation came back with a new agreed value of £6950. I can see the argument either way for the price, I just haven't been bothered to try and get them to up it a bit again.

Yeh last year they only required 4 photo's and a form filling in, now they require all these other things which seems a bit ott to me, i mean not everyone keeps receipts for mods, most stuff is bought with hard erned notes! :D

As a general rule, modifications don't increase the value of a car anyway. If you take an NA and make it single, then of course it would - but cosmetic mods won't. I'm not surprised that they didn't up the value for Luke based on those changes (and doubt they would even with receipts) - I suspect it applies more to big modifications.

(Why would paying case mean you didn't keep a receipt?)

As a general rule, modifications don't increase the value of a car anyway. If you take an NA and make it single, then of course it would - but cosmetic mods won't. I'm not surprised that they didn't up the value for Luke based on those changes (and doubt they would even with receipts) - I suspect it applies more to big modifications.

(Why would paying case mean you didn't keep a receipt?)

I wasn't surprised either. I was just trying it on tbh. ;)

Hi,

Please do not worry if you haven't got the receipts, it is understandable that you dont, I have a heavily modified MR2 and I dont have receipts for the mods.

Please send through as much info as you can with regards to the modifications, rough price if known etc... We will need to see the colour photos and MOT certificate though.

If you have any queries, please PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I am with Sky (Age 27 coming up 4 years NCB). I can't remember my quote for last year but it was about £1135 IIRC.

I got home to see my renewal on the floor, I thought ooh time to see what it will be last year. When I opened it I was very dissappointed. They want £1001 and that isn't including agreed value (which my previous year did).

The best bit is the bloke on the phone last year said my premium will be loaded because of no previous experience with a RWD car of this sort. So next year I will see quite a significant drop in premium.

I was expecting around maybe £800 this time. So I will be getting some quotes elsewhere first and if they don't match/better them I will be off I think.