The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Royal Mail Latest - Rad Cover People

M4RK RZ

:( Sorry chaps - Looks like a little longer

"After lengthy negotiation we are very disappointed that the Communication Workers Union (CWU) has announced more strike action starting on Monday 15th and ending on Friday 19th October. This action will take place at different Royal Mail sites across the country at different times. We are currently assessing the impact that this will have on services, and will communicate this as soon as possible."

Thay have advised not to post mail in these periods

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=1000002&mediaId=51600692&campaignid=update

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sent this earlier - seams a bit odd

Here are 12 of the 29 demands that the Posties are making of The Royal Mail,

* Two or three hour minimum daily overtime - so if 30 minutes of actual work is required and completed, then between two and three hours' payment is demanded;

* An additional allowance claimed for using particular vehicles - regardless of whether the individual has actually driven the vehicle;

* Automatic overtime if mail volumes reach a certain level - regardless of how many ordinary working hours remain that day;

* If a delivery round is finished before the end of the paid shift, the employee expects to be able to go straight home. But if it takes 10 minutes longer two to three hours' over time is claimed;

* Set overtime level is claimed at Christmas, even if there is no need for any additional hours and no extra hours are worked;

* An additional two hour payment on Easter Saturday - regardless of whether any work required;

* No flexibility between different parts of the same sorting office - if an employee sorts letters for a particular postcode, they will not sort for the adjacent postcode, even though both activities are often in the same room;

* Signing in and out for a shift on arrival - so that no record of actual hours worked exists;

* Collection drivers expect overtime pay for doing collections outside usual route - even if it is done within usual working hours;

* Overtime to cover for an absent colleague - a full day is claimed, even if only half day needed and worked;

* Ban on any cross functional working, even of similar tasks under the same roof;

* Additional meal and grace breaks as custom and practice;

Taken from here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/09/npost309.xml

I would like to hear the other 17 demands too.

I back the postie, as I know only to well how big companies like to shit on the average worker.

We rejected a paydeal this year, it was a nice payrise (17% by 2011, but the terms were unsavoury to say the least. So we settled for 4.5% (pretty much no strings deal)with a view to talk with the managers, to see if we can iron out the "mistrust" of management.

The Royal mail terms are far more serious than what ours would have been

I was just reading the comments on there

An angry post worker of 37 years said:

"I dont know why people are against us! - we have to get up and deliver the post in all weathers! ""

Well Fu*k me sideways - does he want a umbrella? - nob! what did he expect?!?

Right time for some ACTUAL facts!!!!!

So how many of you are actual postmen???????:search: and know the true facts of what is going on and not just beleiving what the media has printed? (as we all know its normally lies just to stir the pot) as this post proves,

Many of the things you are saying are totaly untrue and to be honest i can see why u all have the perception that we are "lazy" etc etc and want something for nothing if this is what u have been reading

there are many issues to why we are doing this and to name just a few:

1, we will have to work an extra five years before we could collect our full pension,and if we were to refuse and collect it at 60 we would have DRAMATICALLY reduced benifits

2, not knowing what job you will be doing from one day to the next

3, having to cover someonelse's delivery aswell as your own due to anual leave or absense for no additional pay

4, 40,000 JOB LOSSES

i dont expect you to agree with what i am saying because your not in the buisness but these are just a few of many many issues to why we are doing this...this isnt about pay or overtime this is about securing postmen's futures..

we didnt want it to come to this but this is the only resort left...i know peoples/companies mail gets delayed as a result of strikes but this is the only option we have...

at the end of the day 140 000 postman/women are all losing money thru these strikes which should show how inportant this is..after all if we were all about money surely we wouldnt want to strike????

1, we will have to work an extra five years before we could collect our full pension,and if we were to refuse and collect it at 60 we would have DRAMATICALLY reduced benifits - Get another job.

2, not knowing what job you will be doing from one day to the next - Get another job.

3, having to cover someonelse's delivery aswell as your own due to anual leave or absense for no additional pay - Get another job.

4, 40,000 JOB LOSSES - Get another job.

we didnt want it to come to this but this is the only resort left...i know peoples/companies mail gets delayed as a result of strikes but this is the only option we have...

Err, Get another job?

Hey, I would like more money in my job, but I dont whine like a 10 year old wanting more sweets because I did not do well at school.

1, we will have to work an extra five years before we could collect our full pension,and if we were to refuse and collect it at 60 we would have DRAMATICALLY reduced benifits

Boohoo, welcome to the real world, the vast majority of people will end up having to work another 5 years before collecting their pension.

2, not knowing what job you will be doing from one day to the next

Some people would see that as a bonus... just what is wrong with that?

3, having to cover someonelse's delivery aswell as your own due to anual leave or absense for no additional pay

Not making you work for any longer than your stated hours without extra payment though are they?

4, 40,000 JOB LOSSES

Possible job losses, nothing is confirmed.

i see it was pointless even trying to tell u the facts of why we were doing it...obviously ur minds have been made up by ur own oppinions...but exactly the awnser i thought was going to come from an outsider...awnser is if this was your job and this was happening to you,would you really turn over and just accept 40 000 job losses for one...glad i dont work along side you!

i see it was pointless even trying to tell u the facts of why we were doing it...obviously ur minds have been made up by ur own oppinions...but exactly the awnser i thought was going to come from an outsider...awnser is if this was your job and this was happening to you,would you really turn over and just accept 40 000 job losses for one...glad i dont work along side you!

Having been made redundant twice I don't wish it upon anyone but the sectors I worked in were taking a hit and there were jobs being lost everywhere (not the fault of the business, just a change in market conditions), did we strike?

NO because we'd get fired and instead of getting redundancy pay we just get a P45.

PS, I'm not an outsider, I'm a customer who is now looking for other ways to send his mail rather than being held to ranson by the workers of the Royal Mail. There are many ways of making a point but pissing off your clients has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of :rolleyes:

40,000 possible job losses that might not happen...

I'd go with DamanC's option, or just get on with it and do my job.

:soap:

There are job cuts across the board. You are not the only ones.

The answer is simple though, get a new job if ya don't like it.

You DONT have to work there. You Do have options the same as everyone else.

Yeah, it is tough trying to find another job but hey, welcome to the f*cking real world brother ! ! !

You expect to make demands for job security, it aint gonna work that way mate.

The majority of pensions companies are falling short of their targets. It affects everyone with a pension, not just the posties.

(rant over) :D

no this is exactly what i mean when i say this isnt about money!!!!!!!! we strike to save jobs and yes it pisses people off butthey want 40 000 job losses..not maybe,not possible its a definate...i just cant beleive u think thats acceptable and have the attitude of well leave,we all have to put up with that....thats just incredible

no this is exactly what i mean when i say this isnt about money!!!!!!!! we strike to save jobs and yes it pisses people off butthey want 40 000 job losses..not maybe,not possible its a definate...i just cant beleive u think thats acceptable and have the attitude of well leave,we all have to put up with that....thats just incredible

OK, RM are a business, according to the BBC

Since the liberalisation of the UK postal service in 2005, there are now 17 other companies competing against Royal Mail, especially in the more profitable business mail sector.

The Royal Mail says it has already lost 40% of this corporate market to rivals.

40% how much more business do you think you are going to lose through actions like this?

*newsflash*

Some one agrees with me :D

*Another news flash*

Royal mail workers are convinced they are doing the right thing :lol:

awnser is if this was your job and this was happening to you,would you really turn over and just accept 40 000 job losses for one...glad i dont work along side you!

Err no, I would be looking for another job. You should be too, either that or you should be out posting my letters. I too wouldn't want to work along side you; I would be doing the work and you would be off on strike/winging. Get a grip!