The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone know this car?

Sparky

Hi all. Ive been away since selling my N/a but ive now decided that i was a fool and havebeen on the hunt for a new N/a.

I found this Supra on Pistonheads. Its a good price and its a facelift 6 speed N/a.

Does anyone know the owners/previous owners or have seen the car before?

Im looking to buy one in good condition unlike my last supra that needed £1400 of work a week after buying it!

Also are 6 speed boxes notchy?

Thankyou;)

see here

IMO this car would pretty much break for £4K

£2000 6 speed conversion

£600 uk brakes (i think it has these)

£500 Wheels

£200 facelift lights

£100 bumper with side lights

£100-150 Black carpet

£50 matts (if pure sports)

£400 for the rest to break even! (doors, door cards complete front end for someone with a crashed silver supra, interior panels, dash panels, engine and all ancilliares, aircon system........)

Yes its a Sz-r!

I spoke to the bloke on the phone and he was saying its all very good condition etc etc but somewhere in the conversation he did mention that the 6 speed gearbox was notchy and that its well known on mkivsupra.net to be notchy. Is this true? I can't be dealing with reconning a 6 speed box if i bought it!

I bought my sz for £4000 so i thought a facelift one would be worth alot more than £4k which is what is putting me off.

Im hoping to go TT soon so do you thing a conversion would be worth it?

This ones got a new cambelt and history so it seems like a winner.. I hope!

Jezz does the NA-TT conversion for about £3k all in. It all depnds on you really and what your after. Ive got my NA looking how i want it more or less so thats what i want to do because if i sold mine id end up spending the same money (and some) on upgrading to a TT and get it as I want. So for me its more worthwhile going NA-TT rather than selling upand buying a TT.

My friends getting an N/a to TT conversion from Jezz in November. I really like this supra and with the 6 speed box it would seem that its cheaper than a 5 speed or auto conversion (Not sure why.. Jezz???).

From my previous Supra i still have all of my Ice, a set of Gmax lowering springs (Probably uprate shocks as well) and my fav TRD gearknob!!! (Bless).

All i'd need is the TT conversion and a nice exhaust and i'd be happy. I even like the alloys which i didnt think i would!

What do you think? Jezz if you read this can you make me a total price please! Thanx

My friends getting an N/a to TT conversion from Jezz in November. I really like this supra and with the 6 speed box it would seem that its cheaper than a 5 speed or auto conversion (Not sure why.. Jezz???).

From my previous Supra i still have all of my Ice, a set of Gmax lowering springs (Probably uprate shocks as well) and my fav TRD gearknob!!! (Bless).

All i'd need is the TT conversion and a nice exhaust and i'd be happy. I even like the alloys which i didnt think i would!

What do you think? Jezz if you read this can you make me a total price please! Thanx

from what people have told me the 6 speed n/a is perferct for the TT conversion, pretty much everything just lines up.

Notchy is perfectlly normal. Thats how the manual gearboxes are generally.

Are you sure after being out in the TT you'll be happy with a NA again. If your going for a TT again id wait till the wait one appears.

Hi Bud.

What im hoping to do is an N/a - TT conversion. Its cheaper than buying a 6speed TT and i just cant find an Auto one that i like so why not go 6 speed at the same time! It also means i dont have to fork out 8-10k straight away and i can save my money rather than putting it into a loan etc etc. Selling the Civic should pay for most of the Supra so i wont have to worry about debt for when i move out... Until i go turbo and go bankrupt with all the petrol ill be using! Lovely!!! ;)