The mkiv Supra Owners Club

KPH to mph - dials and stuff

Guest iangibson57

Guest iangibson57

Hi guys,

Just need a little help if you wouldn't mind.

I have a 1993 import non turbo/auto and its currently running in

KP/H I would like to convert it over to MPH dial also i would like to take off the 112 mph limiter. For the dials are there two kinds for the non turbo and the TT?

Can you please let me know which converter would be the best to use to do this, links to the product would be nice. Also my friend mentioned a site called speedhut.com to get new dials are they good do you know? has anyone used them. And would you recommend any others.

Thanks

Ian Gibson

There is one type of dials for all prefacelift Supra (you only need to specify if your car auto or manual because of additional auto gearbox info on dials). If you are going to delimit your car, try Thor delimiter at Thor Racing website. I will be selling soon stainless steel mirror and brushed aluminium dials, those are mph dials if you fancy a change.

Guest iangibson57

Hi guys,

Thx for the reply.

You don't happen to know if these companies provide a fitting service.

I have seen the step guide that’s on here and I don't think I am confident enough to do it my self don't want to cause my self any problems :rolleyes:

Thanks

Ian

If you cut the last pink wire on the back of the odo it takes the 112 restriction off the engine... the odo keeps totalling up in killomerers which is pretty cool... but still, I dont know what other affects this has on the car.. so I dont recommend it.

For that reason when I had an SZ I put that wire on a switch, so if I was going to race I simply switched the wire off !:)

... i did get an ebay chip for the speedo to, £20, cheep and cheerful, but you pay for what you get.. after two years it doesnt work propper.. Thor Racing is a very good buy!