The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear Indicators - Help

Ady

Im wanting to get a set of clear indicators and side repeaters

Ive seen a set, and the seller also said his was for a pre-facelift model, and they fitted streight on. He said they should fit, as long as i stick to the origional yellow bulb, and not want to change to the clear bulb.

Is he right? or talking bolox?

Cheers

i do mate yes

330174495689 - item no on fleebay

I can't be 100% sure by just looking at the pictures but I think they are very similar to the ones I have. If so, you will need the facelift wiring looms (one for each side), and do a bit of wire cutting, splicing and soldering (piece of piss though - it can be done in under an hour easily).

I got my front indicators from fleabay (replicas from the US) for about £38 delivered, and the side repeaters also off fleabay for about £16 delivered IIRC. (The side repeaters are common to many Toyotas - just park up next to a Celica or Aygo and swap them over :sly: )

I can't be 100% sure by just looking at the pictures but I think they are very similar to the ones I have. If so, you will need the facelift wiring looms (one for each side), and do a bit of wire cutting, splicing and soldering (piece of piss though - it can be done in under an hour easily).

I got my front indicators from fleabay (replicas from the US) for about £38 delivered, and the side repeaters also off fleabay for about £16 delivered IIRC. (The side repeaters are common to many Toyotas - just park up next to a Celica or Aygo and swap them over :sly: )

HAHAHAHA might try that one :p

Cheers for that mate - my bumper is off the car at the mo and the wiring from the orange indicators are hanging out - so culd to the wiring with the bumper off, get them working, and then just fix to my new bumper.

cheers man

had this response from the seller

'' mine was a 93 supra with orange square indicators in the bumper. when i looked at mine it was just a case of adding the orange bulb as in the orange indicators the bulb is clear. And then just simply drilling and additional hole on the inside of the bumper to hold the clear lenses in place. if you change the wiring loom that is just for the side light feature on these lenses which was for the american market, our side lights are in the headlamps. if you get the wiring loom you could add these sidelights to these lenses there is the space for the extra bulb, but if not just attach and put the orange bulb in ''

Sound right?

had this response from the seller

'' mine was a 93 supra with orange square indicators in the bumper. when i looked at mine it was just a case of adding the orange bulb as in the orange indicators the bulb is clear. And then just simply drilling and additional hole on the inside of the bumper to hold the clear lenses in place. if you change the wiring loom that is just for the side light feature on these lenses which was for the american market, our side lights are in the headlamps. if you get the wiring loom you could add these sidelights to these lenses there is the space for the extra bulb, but if not just attach and put the orange bulb in ''

Sound right?

You could try it. Indeed I kept my sidelights in with the main headlights. The hole in the back of the new front indicators may be different to the size of the lugs on your existing bulbs. If this is the case, you could butcher either the lugs or the holes to make them fit. You could even get a chrome bulb that flashes orange (these are the same ones that you can fit in the tail light indicators on a pre-facelift).